Disappearing grass

gdiddy62

Question

Hello all,

I hope this forum can help me with my strange issue. I recently attempted to follow Gamerpoets guide to install DynDOLOD and did so somewhat successfully. I then wanted to add some more landscape mods that had billboards so i deleted my Dyndolod install to start fresh. I now have an issue with Verdant Grass not showing up at all in some areas until I toggle grass on and off with the TG command via the console. I have to do this though when I enter into new areas as the grass seems to be drawn only so far. What did I do incorrectly and does anyone know of a fix for this issue. I'm so frustrated with this and hope I do not have to uninstall my game and mods and start all over again. Any help appreciated. I followed and installed using Skyrim 2021 Modding Guide with the exception of using Skyim Parallax 2020 by Pfuscher.

5 answers to this question

17 hours ago, gdiddy62 said:

Hello all,

I hope this forum can help me with my strange issue. I recently attempted to follow Gamerpoets guide to install DynDOLOD and did so somewhat successfully. I then wanted to add some more landscape mods that had billboards so i deleted my Dyndolod install to start fresh. I now have an issue with Verdant Grass not showing up at all in some areas until I toggle grass on and off with the TG command via the console. I have to do this though when I enter into new areas as the grass seems to be drawn only so far. What did I do incorrectly and does anyone know of a fix for this issue. I'm so frustrated with this and hope I do not have to uninstall my game and mods and start all over again. Any help appreciated. I followed and installed using Skyrim 2021 Modding Guide with the exception of using Skyim Parallax 2020 by Pfuscher.

Which modding guide did you use?

'Deleted' DynDOLOD output, or the program? What version are you running? Advise using v2.xx and NOT the latest alpha v3.0.

First, you don't need to start over when using MO. You only need to get your mods and DynDOLOD sorted out.

Since your issue could be caused by a great many things, and we don't support the guide or mods you are using, I'd suggest reading through our System Setup Guide and the following sections of our Skyrim SE guide, which will probably correct all of your potential configuration issues. These instructions apply to any Skyrim mod build:

The BethINI configuration instructions will possibly help with grass rendering in terms of proper INI config for grass and LOD. Also, you need to regenerate all LOD when updating landscape mods. There is always a chance that you have a compatibility issue as well, so you can just disable DynDOLOD mods entirely, sort mods with LOOT and load up without this to see how your grass behaves.

When disabling DynDOLOD, you need to go to an interior cell, disable DynDOLOD in the MCM GUI, save/quit before disabling the relevant terrain, texgen, and object LOD 'mods'. Then load the save game, and exit the interior cell. Check things out from here, and be sure to go into an interior cell again and save before you regen LOD. Then once you have done all of the reading and regen LOD, load this save game and reinitialize DynDOLOD.

In fact, your issues could be related to improperly disabling/re-initializing DynDOLOD. sheson would advise you to read the doc on how to properly initialize (which I basically outlined above).

Thank you for the information. I used the Skyrim 2021 Modding Guide to install mods in their order with the added Skyrim Parallax 2020 by Pfuscher. I am using Vortex not MO. I only deleted the output files and then disabled all the billboards that I used in the DynDOLOD output files. I DO NOT want to use DynDOLOD now as I have some other options I wish to use. The version of DynDOLOD I'm using I can't seem to find, but the zip file reads as follows:  DynDOLOD-59721-2-94-1614504032. I also have these installed: DynDOLOD Resources-59721-2-88-1611333232,

and SSELODGen 3.2.1-6642-3-2-1

So, currently I have my DynDOLOD output and TexGen outputs uninstalled and removed and I have uninstalled all of the billboards used when generating those two files.

I will look through the above links, but any other advice and guidance would be appreciated very much! THANK YOU!!

I would suggest following the guide I linked and just skip downloading and installing all but the mods through Foundation in Step 4 (and your grass mod). Then do Step 5. I've never used Vortex, so I can't speak to how it may or may not be a factor in the issues you are having.

Running through our guide and using the tools we recommend will provide you with some perspective and understanding that should illuminate what may be going wrong.