DynDOLOD generates Worldmap tree LOD no matter what

avalon

Question

Another issue I'm having ...

I'd like to get DynDOLOD to not generate tree LODs for the world map but I already tried all the tips from the manual and the world map still gets tree LOD. I've tried with setting LOD Level 16 for all tree mesh rules to empty instead of Billboard and also the alternative of setting uLockedObjectMapLOD=32 in Skyrim.ini and Level32=1 in DynDOLOD_SSE.ini. I've also tried both these options at the same time but no matter what, I get the world map full of tree LOD again. Any ideas what else could cause this or how to get rid of the LOD?

2 answers to this question

After setting object LOD level 16 for the tree rule(s) to Non/Empty and you still see trees on the map, then the first troubleshooting step is to make sure that these generated LOD meshes are really overwriting everything. The second troubleshooting step is to verify if these object LOD meshes for LOD level 16 really do not have billboards anymore. If they do, then the wrong mesh rule has been changed (order matters) or the change was incorrect in some way.

For the object LOD 32 solution, the troubleshooting step is to make sure the updated setting uLockedObjectMapLOD=32 is actually is being used. E.g. no Custom or plugin INI is replacing it or the wrong INI file is being edited etc. If there are no object LOD Level 32 meshes, then setting this makes it that no object LOD is being shown at all. Once that has been achieved, install in the output.