Create custom hybrid 3D trees for SFO:s trees?

Southman

Question

Hi!

I'm so in love with Vurts trees and think they are superior. But i was stunned by the amazing hybrid 3d tree lods from the Enhanced Vanilla Trees when following the STEP guide. 

So my question is if it's possible to create hybrid 3d tree lod for the SFO-trees? 

Vurt has released Billboards on his optional files.

Can someone help me out?  ::):

Edited by Southman

7 answers to this question

Read the included manuals of DynDOLOD 3 Alpha.

..\DynDOLOD\docs\trees.ultra\DynDOLOD-Trees.html

..\DynDOLOD\docs\trees.ultra\tools\DynDOLOD_CreateStaticTree.html

..\DynDOLOD\docs\trees.ultra\tools\hybrids/DynDOLOD_CreateHybrid.html

On the subject of billboards also read

..\DynDOLOD\docs\help\Billboards.html

..\DynDOLOD\docs\help\TexGen.html

..\DynDOLOD\docs\help\TexGenConfiguration.html

• +1 1

Hi!

I'm so in love with Vurts trees and think they are superior. But i was stunned by the amazing hybrid 3d tree lods from the Enhanced Vanilla Trees when following the STEP guide. 

So my question is if it's possible to create hybrid 3d tree lod for the SFO-trees? 

Vurt has released Billboards on his optional files.

Can someone help me out?  ::):

Vurt has also released hybrid 3D Tree LODs...you can these also download under optional files, did you just overlooked it?

DynDoLOD 3D Trees for 2.72D

Thanks to thanhluancklk for making these!

Edited by PRieST

Read the included manuals of DynDOLOD 3 Alpha.

..\DynDOLOD\docs\trees.ultra\DynDOLOD-Trees.html

..\DynDOLOD\docs\trees.ultra\tools\DynDOLOD_CreateStaticTree.html <- there is still some old ways in there, but also a link to the explanation how to use blender.

..\DynDOLOD\docs\trees.ultra\tools\hybrids/DynDOLOD_CreateHybrid.html <- latest developments that make more things automatic

On the subject of billboards also read

..\DynDOLOD\docs\help\Billboards.html

..\DynDOLOD\docs\help\TexGen.html

..\DynDOLOD\docs\help\TexGenConfiguration.html

Thanks!!

Vurt has also released hybrid 3D Tree LODs...you can these also download under optional files, did you just overlooked it?

Well i saw them, but there were so few files in his lods when compared to all the generated files when following the STEP guide. So i thought they were not the same thing. 

As i said, im new to this and my knowledge is close to zero.

But i will try them. Thank you!

Edited by Southman

3D LOD trees are a LOD assets for LOD generation.

LOD only looks and works correctly for the load order it is generated for. Nobody should ever use pre-made LOD and I don't believe any of the downloads from SFO contain generated object LOD meshes/textures.

Read the included manual. The TexGen/DynDOLOD output that is generated for the current load order should typically always overwrite everything and should always be active. Otherwise there is no point in generating LOD.

If you have questions that are specific to a third party guide, ask the author(s) / on the appropriate forum for the guide.

Edited by sheson

3D LOD trees are a LOD assets for LOD generation.

LOD only looks and works correctly for the load order it is generated for. Nobody should ever use pre-made LOD and I don't believe any of the downloads from SFO contain generated object LOD meshes/textures.

Read the included manual. The TexGen/DynDOLOD output that is generated for the current load order should typically always overwrite everything and should always be active. Otherwise there is no point in generating LOD.

If you have questions that are specific to a third party guide, ask the author(s) / on the appropriate forum for the guide.

I thought billboards were the asset for LOD generation.

Okay I will read and hopefully gain some knowledge. Thanks for helping out!

Edited by Southman