Items Not Covered by DynDOLOD

QuagaarWarrior

Question

Hi all,

Assuming you have retextured all of Skyrim, I understand that there are several objects that DynDOLOD cannot produce LODs for. Currently I am aware of the following:

Towns/Cities

Glaciers

Mountain tops

In order for these to have matching LOD they must have LOD files included by the mod author.

My question is whether the list above is complete or whether there are other objects that DynDOLOD cannot cover? Perhaps watchtowers like Riverwood Folly? Imperial towers like Western Watchtower?

Apologies if this has been answered a million times before and thanks for any replies.

QW

2 answers to this question

Hi all,

Assuming you have retextured all of Skyrim, I understand that there are several objects that DynDOLOD cannot produce LODs for. Currently I am aware of the following:

Towns/Cities

Glaciers

Mountain tops

In order for these to have matching LOD they must have LOD files included by the mod author.

My question is whether the list above is complete or whether there are other objects that DynDOLOD cannot cover? Perhaps watchtowers like Riverwood Folly? Imperial towers like Western Watchtower?

Apologies if this has been answered a million times before and thanks for any replies.

QW

If you recognize yourself that a question must have been answered before, I suggest to use search in addition to reading the manual.

https://forum.step-project.com/topic/14565-help-me-to-understand/

As explained in that thread before, it is rather easy to know which pre-rendered textures are not automatically generated: every LOD texture in textures\lod\* and textures\[dlc01|dlc02]\lod\* that is not generated by TexGen and hence not overwritten by the TexGen output.

With DynDOLOD/TexGen 3.0 now being able to render object LOD textures for which special render models have been created, the list will slowly become a bit shorter with future updates.

Edited by sheson