Weird solution on bug "Out of memory" and others

BleNoir

Question

Hello, for those having problems generating Lods with Dyndolod, what I will say may seem very strange but it works here for me. I had a lot of bugs when I was generating lods, "out of memory" most of times but other too that i dont remember details.

With 16go of memory I did not understand where it could come from.

I finally found it and there it starts to be weird for me but maybe someone will understand.

I use my TV as a computer screen, and sometimes as it's long either I turned off my screen or I watched TV while Dyndolod was working and I ended up noticing that Dyndolod was bugling when I was doing this and only when i was doing this, solution was that i need to leave my screen on, don't turn it to watch TV and dont using too much my computer.
it's very strange but i think that it can't happen only to me so if it can work and help some people.... And if someone have an explanation I would be curious to know!!

2 answers to this question

You are posting a story instead of actually describing a technical problem. I mean you do not mention any specs or anything or graphing of memory usage etc. You did not post any logfiles showing the exact errors.

Out of memory errors could happen because of messed up virtual memory / paging settings file, Windows itself or because of 3rd party (background) processes or driver issues.

Obviously, test what happens to memory usage when turning off the screen - without running DynDOLOD or anything. It is most likely unrelated, unless the memory happens because of too high settings, too may high resolution assets etc.

Then continue to research from there, including googling for the symptoms. This could be related https://superuser.com/questions/950120/windows-10-high-memory-usage-when-screen-is-off

Edited by sheson