Does occlusion require recreating if re-doing dyndolod?

Soulmancer

Question

3 answers to this question

That probably won't be necessary, as the terrain and object LOD didn't really change in terms of elevation, blocking view and the height of LOD objects.

If you do not notice any square holes in the distant LOD then no need to worry about it.

On a side note could you direct me to an answer regarding when recreated occlusion, texgen and dyndolod is required?

For example I just updated Realistic Waters 2, which has added a new ESM and some lod stuff it seems?

Also, EVT has been updated with changes to lod as well it seems?

I would assume I'd need to re-run dyndolod but I am a bit unclear when I would need to do texgen again or xlodgen.

Edited by Soulmancer

The DynDOLOD and Occlusion plugins contain worldspace and cell records copied from the winning plugins at generation time and add plugins as master.

A plugin that changes its name and is a master or if there are changes to worldspaces and cell records in one of the patches require the patches to be created anew or the conflicts should be resolved.

If a plugin makes changes to terrain or references that affect their respective LOD types, LOD needs to be rebuild so it matches visually.

TexGen creates object LOD textures from full textures. If a mod changes any of those full textures, then the object LOD textures should be updated and then the object LOD texture atlases should be updated.

Edited by sheson