Kernelbase.dll crash

ElCapitan8866

Question

I am having some trouble with Dyndoload, for some reason my game crashes when transition to exterior cells outside Ivarstead, this bug is reproducible 100% of the time. Now I don't think is a corrupt mesh problem as hiding the mesh folder in MO2 does not solve the problem, the game still crashes. I believe it might be a problem with the Dynamic LOD as the game crashed before I can see the Dyndoload initialized message. Also, disabling the dyndoload esp and esm prevents the crash from happening. The Dyndolaod log file shows no error whatsoever, and shows that LODGenx64.exe for all game worlds is completed successfully. As per the nexus site for Dyndoload, I installed the net script framework for Skyrim SE so that I it could generate a crash txt. Funny thing is, when the game crashes no crash txt is generated, instead NetScriptFramework.log.txt shows:

[22 Apr 2020 16:56:09.434] Initializing framework version 9.

[22 Apr 2020 16:56:09.439] Loaded configuration file.

[22 Apr 2020 16:56:09.441] Preparing .NET code hooking.

[22 Apr 2020 16:56:09.445] Loading game library.

[22 Apr 2020 16:56:10.268] Loaded game library for `The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Special Edition` (13).

[22 Apr 2020 16:56:10.268] Running game version is 1.5.97.0

[22 Apr 2020 16:56:13.977] Loading plugins.

[22 Apr 2020 16:56:13.977] Path to plugins: "Data\NetScriptFramework\Plugins".

[22 Apr 2020 16:56:13.980] Checking file "BugFixesSSE.dll"...

[22 Apr 2020 16:56:13.984] Plugin found and loaded.

[22 Apr 2020 16:56:14.000] Finished loading 1 plugin.

[22 Apr 2020 16:56:14.000] Finished framework initialization.

[22 Apr 2020 17:02:03.106] Unhandled native exception occurred at 0x7FFB0C15A799 (KERNELBASE.dll+3A799) on thread 9880!

This KERNELBASE.DLL error is consistently generated every time the game crashes outside Ivarstead. I have tried updating windows, Directx, drivers, and disabling game control for windows (associated with kernelbase.dll problems) as suggested here:

Any ideas? Thanks!

9 answers to this question

Odd.

Verify which plugin causes it by disabling DynDOLOD.esp only and test if it starts just with DynDOLOD.esm.

I expect the game to start with just DynDOLOD.esm. If not let me know.

Once you verified that the issue is probably in DynDOLOD.esp, narrow it down by selectively removing records with xEdit.

Make a copy each iteration before removing records. If removing records allows the game to start, restore the copy and remove other records so that the problematic data always remains in the plugin. Repeat until only problematic data remains. Typically one record.

Typically only remove records from worldspaces. Often you can start by completely removing all worldspaces but Tamriel. Then continue by removing roughly half of the records each iteration. 

Do not remove *_ShesonObject, *_Minion_*, *_Firstborn_* - they should only exist in DynDOLOD.esp in the Persistent cell.

Once the problem is solved and everything works, remove Plocktons Culling Glitch Fix.esp and generate occlusion with xLODGen or DynDOLOD.

Edited by sheson

Check the DynDOLOD.esm for errors with xEdit.

If nothing shows up, do the same removal of worldspaces and records in worldspaces as already explained. However, no need to worry about keeping any records. Do all tests with DynDOLOD.esp disabled.

A little update, the game crashed now with both DynDOLOD esm and esp disabled, first time doing so, so it might not be a DynDOLOD problem after all? Again, that dammed KERNELBASE.dll error in NetScriptFramework.log.txt with no crash log. If this is not a DynDOLOD issue my apologies for wasting your time, otherwise any suggestions are more than welcome. I might ask this on the official technical issues forums.