Prolly the wrong place to ask this but.

Soulmancer

Question

I got a weird problem and not sure if it's related to textures/meshes or something else... hadn't experienced it before.

After the alternate start prison I have selected the vanilla start... the wagon sequence is fine, no issues... when I arrive i Helgen though the wooden buildings seem to have some crazy shadow flickering going on on the wooden beams during movement... it's almost as if the pre destruction meshes/textures are fighting with the post destruction textures/meshes or something... haven't encounter this anywhere else.

Also alduin's destruction of objects seem to not visually show up right away... like when he blasts through the tower, you're suppose to jump through the destroyed burning house... the problem is the house is still in tact... you can still jump through it/clip through it though.

Edit:

Perhaps not such a wrong place after all.  disabling the dyndolod.esp fixes the flickering wood issue.  any ideas?

Edited by Soulmancer

4 answers to this question

FAQ: Game: Out of place objects / floating objects / flickering full models 

A: Game engine limitation. If the game enables objects that have static object LOD, the entire static object LOD for a cell may briefly show with the full models at the same time. Since now more objects have LOD this might be more obvious than before, especially while playing the intro. Consider installing the generated LOD mod after completing the intro. 

Also see the other answers in the FAQ

Edited by sheson

You don't want quests to enable/disable objects? That either would mean Helgen is never destroyed or already destroyed.

Or you don't want any object LOD in the cells which quests enable/disable objects in that one time the quest happens to be active?

DynDOLOD does not change how the engine works.

"Or you don't want any object LOD in the cells which quests enable/disable objects in that one time the quest happens to be active?"

Well depends how prevalent is is I suppose in the quest lines.  If it's mostly just the into sequence then whatever; not a big deal.  I seem to recall another point in the main quest where a small village gets destroyed but it's been so long so I don't really know how often this might rear its ugly head.