Random objects get mismatched Texture mapping

MKIIV

Question

I can't figure out why this is happening. I've checked and re-checked every mesh and texture path a dozen times over. I've got no texture errors in my build log. When i did have them i've tracked them all down and fixed them thinking maybe that was it, but i still get this.

If anyone has any idea why this might happen i'd appreciate it. I've spent hundreds of hours trying to make sure everything is on point thinking it's something i'm missing or doing wrong but just can't figure it out. For context most of my lods are custom re uv'd and most all mountain trims rocks and cliffs are full models - or the best lod models forced for all levels. Full models i've stripped of decals and bloat, cleaned and removed unused strings and such ( i could double check that for the trillionth time) and forced in an esp for building lods so i'm not quite doing everything vanilla here so certainly something on my end. I'm just am out of ideas what it could be. Thanks to anyone who has any ideas at all.

XUgLMeX.jpg

6 answers to this question

Eh posting is almost therapeutic. So i think it's actually an issue with nifskope. It might have been doing this all along. I check my btos when i build, but usually the same few. I recently been checking others and that's when i noticed it. But i can't see it in game from any distance on my lods so i can only assume it must be nifskope, i don't know.

You need to tell NifSkope where to find the correct texture for the BTO/NIF.

Nah it's not that, i use it all the time and am opening the btos after i install them. I'm thinking it can't handle mapping the polys or multiple large texture maps. My objects map is two dds worth, one 8k one 4k, and one of them gets mis-mapped. I've ran dyndolod probably over a thousand times by now (no exaggeration) and i just have finally finished redoing almost all the lod models for landscapes and lod textures, all by hand, so i been building the big final builds recently and looking for errors. Previously all my lods all fit on one dds as i was doing quick a low quality.. Anyway it's really all i can think of since in game it's fine.

Edited by MKIIV

If the texture does not match, it is because it is the wrong one for the bto, e.g. different generation.

Start NifSkope from within MO while with no other Nifskope started from outside MO being active.

i get what you are saying and why you would think that but it's not that. still investigating. for the record i uninstall and delete all files each time. the timestamps are correct the paths in xedit and textures are there, it sees the texture and happens even if i manually force the texture.

it is only on a few objects, the smallest rockpiles which are used the most and only on the base of the pile, not the rocks. other objects from that texture map are mapped correctly, and then the base of those rockpiles will be mapped across the entire 8k texture. the lod texture is located on that dds.

anyway, still investigating.

Hmn. So those rockpiles and one cliff didn't like being mapped to an lod texture i guess. I changed them to landscape snow and landscape volcanic dirt and now they are fine. Should have tried that first but other objects use those same lod textures and work fine so i thought it must have been a path i missed somewhere.