Problkem With Medeival Lanterns

Zanderat

Question

Thanks for the reply. I tried the base version of the mod (no scripts) and the problem persisted. Removing DynDOLOD's overwrites as you suggested does resolve it. I have tried to test against specific mods and narrow this down, but it's proving very finicky. It seems to happen less the fewer mods are installed so I'm having a hard time pinning it down. One thing I have noted: the problem does not happen when I have collision disabled, even with DynDOLOD and its Has Distant LOD overwrites intact? Very odd and still doesn't explain why so few people are seeing anything like this, of course. If you have any other suggestions I'll give them a shot, otherwise I'll just live without LOD for these. I appreciate your help anyway!

Thanks for the reply. I tried the base version of the mod (no scripts) and the problem persisted. Removing DynDOLOD's overwrites as you suggested does resolve it. I have tried to test against specific mods and narrow this down, but it's proving very finicky. It seems to happen less the fewer mods are installed so I'm having a hard time pinning it down. One thing I have noted: the problem does not happen when I have collision disabled, even with DynDOLOD and its Has Distant LOD overwrites intact? Very odd and still doesn't explain why so few people are seeing anything like this, of course. If you have any other suggestions I'll give them a shot, otherwise I'll just live without LOD for these. I appreciate your help anyway!

Can you explain what you mean exactly by "collision disabled"? You mean in the NIF?

Next version of DynDOLOD will not set the flag then. It's just a precaution, that is probably fine to be skipped in this context. Still would be good to understand this issue better.

You mentioned earlier you also disabled everything else, did that include all SKSE plugins or other non SKSE DLLs?

Edited by sheson

Can't edit my post...  the posts in MLOS don't have any collision, per the MLOS description page.....  Maybe setting the flag in DynDOLOD causes an issue?  Although, I see it as more of a MLOS problem.  Not sure why Mathy97 made them that way.

KNOWN ISSUES
- As of 1.0.2 there is no static collision on the wooden posts. I was unable to make the animation to work while the post collision was active. Will be probably fixed in future updates. The hanging lanterns do have a collision though and will ragdoll when contacted.

Sorry, I had to be away from my computer for a few days. By disabling collision I meant in-game through the TCL console command. The posts do not have collision but the lanterns do, which is how they react to wind. When disabling all collision through tcl, I never saw the fading happen once. And yes I did run DynDOLOD and test the game with only Medieval Lanterns and Live Another Life installed. The only dll I had was Papyrus Util, which I thought was required for DynDOLOD? Should I try disabling that, or using the DynDOLOD dll instead? I have to use Papyrus Util for Campfire anyway so I've always just opted to use that.

Sorry, I had to be away from my computer for a few days. By disabling collision I meant in-game through the TCL console command. The posts do not have collision but the lanterns do, which is how they react to wind. When disabling all collision through tcl, I never saw the fading happen once. And yes I did run DynDOLOD and test the game with only Medieval Lanterns and Live Another Life installed. The only dll I had was Papyrus Util, which I thought was required for DynDOLOD? Should I try disabling that, or using the DynDOLOD dll instead? I have to use Papyrus Util for Campfire anyway so I've always just opted to use that.

I see. Interesting.

Papyrus Util will be fine, I was just wondering if there might be any other plugins still active.

Just unset the flag for now. Next DynDOLOD version will not set it.

So far the flag is always set for any base record which has static or dynamic LOD without a problem. Though it seems it might be fine to not set the flag for base records not added by ESMs, thus this is what the next DynDOLOD version will do. In case that causes new issues, it won't be long for them to show and be reported and we will learn more about it and refine when to use it.

Edit: DynDOLOD 2.70 is now released.

Edited by sheson