Help handling multiple installs of skyrim over a network

cme

Question

I have skyrim on my pc and also on my gf's pc, we each have separate copies.

Is there a way I can use Wrye Bash to manage my mods and STEP like I do on my

computer but have it clone over to hers at the same time? That way I don't have

to install mods on my computer then go over to her computer and setup wrye bash and install

all the same mods from STEP and stuff again..

Basically just looking for  a way to save a lot of time and easily have every mod that I install for my skyrim 

to install for hers too or an easy way to clone it.

11 answers to this question

If you're using WB you should just be able to copy/paste the entire "Bash Installers" folder (usually under Steam\steamapps\common\Skyrim Mods) to the other machine.

I think you need to copy the entire Skyrim Mods folder since it has table.dat which has the package installation details. You also need to include the AppData\Local\Skyrim folder (which has the load order and other files), and the My Documents\My Games\Skyrim folder which has the Wrye Bash settings, skyrim ini files, and game saves

If you're using WB you should just be able to copy/paste the entire "Bash Installers" folder (usually under Steam\steamapps\common\Skyrim Mods) to the other machine.

I think you need to copy the entire Skyrim Mods folder since it has table.dat which has the mod installation details.
Correct, if you grab that folder then you'll get the order as well.  Just place the "Skyrim Mods" folder in the same place on the other machine, then boot up WB.  From there go to the Installers tab, right-click the top bar, and click "Install all...".

If you use Mod Organizer, I think you could just install it on her machine and copy your MO folder to hers, and job done, no more hassle.

That's provided the folder structure and hard drive letters would be exactly the same on both machines.