Green water fix?

wolmarc

Question

I get what you're saying; test and see if it doesn't cause any grief. What's a solid testing path you guys use for introducing new/untested mods into your game for personal use and or future STEP use?

There's absolutely no need for this mod, unless you're getting the bug where you can't see under water at all.

I am using an enb that does have this issue.

Perhaps someone can recommend one that is sunny bright, clear, colorful I can use instead? I tried the first ENB on the STEP recommended list and didn't like it as it wasn't colorful or bright enough for my tastes.

Any good videos for using Wrye to install mods ENBs? I've done all STEPs (non-lighting) recommend mods by hand so far as I've trusted every one of them for good reason.

Well, you're gonna have bad time if you're installing full STEP by hand, since it's nigh impossible to say which textures/meshes you have overwritten.

Updating that setup must be a real PITA.

As for the tutorials, you'll find plenty on Youtube. You could always use the official Wrye Bash Guide in the STEP Wiki.

yes, all by hand in the order STEP advises. It actaully doesnt take that long once files are downloaded. Thanks again for the help!

Good luck updating mods or to the next STEP release... I can't think of any benefit to not using a mod manager at this point.

By hand is not as painless as Wrye but, I feel total control over mod installs as I can replace and update by hand and see exactly where everything goes.

I feel the exact opposite, installing mods manually is a lot easier as you just drag and drop, but without a mod manager then once you install everything there's no way to know where any specific file came from. Without the ability to selectively disable, remove, or move mods how can you feel any control over your mods? Once you install all the mods manually its pretty much set in stone right? I'm not trying to simply refute you, I'm genuinely curious as to your thought process.