Tree problem in clean STEP install

YuMMz

Question

Hello,

First, thanks to everyone who is involved in STEP. This guide is extremely helpful to someone like me.

I have followed STEP 2.2.0a that is on Nexus. I installed the core and about 60-70% of the optional mods. When I start the game I noticed that certain trees are shaking with the wind. I think this is a feature of one of the mods, since the animation starts, speeds up and then winds down. I figured it would be something with Climates of Tamriel or Vurts Flora Overhaul, so I disabled both of those, but the shaking still persists. I don't really like this feature, and was wondering if someone could enlighten me to which mods is causing it. I have everything installed through Bash, so I should be able to easily remove the mod. Here is my mod list, although I installed a lot of texture packs, so it might not be that useful.

Also, I used the TPC 1.91 and had it pull from about 90% of the mods listed there as well. I skipped "lush trees".

Thanks in advance!

YuMMz

00  Skyrim.esm
01  Update.esm
02  Dawnguard.esm
03  HearthFires.esm
04  Lanterns Of Skyrim - All In One - Main.esm
05  More Interactive Items.ESM
06  More Interactive Items [Dawnguard].ESM
07  More Interactive Items [Hearthfire].ESM
08  Unofficial Skyrim Patch.esp  [Version 1.2.7]
09  Unofficial Dawnguard Patch.esp  [Version 1.1.4]
0A  Unofficial Hearthfire Patch.esp  [Version 1.0.3]
0B  Better Dynamic Snow.esp
0C  Improved Combat Sounds v2.2.esp
0D  StaticMeshImprovementMod.esp
0E  Better Skill and Quest Books Names.esp
0F  BLESSINGS - Altar Descriptions.esp
10  Bring Out Your Dead.esp  [Version 1.1.4]
11  Chesko_WearableLantern.esp
12  ClamsDropPearls.esp
13  DungeonQuestAwareness.esp
14  Lanterns Of Skyrim - All In One - Climates of Tamriel - default.esp
15  PilgrimsDelight.esp
16  Radiant and Unique Potions Poisons and Booze.esp
17  SMDropLitTorch.esp
18  Convenient Horses.esp
19  Auto Unequip Ammo.esp
1A  Chesko_LoreBasedLoadingScreens.esp
1B  SkyUI.esp
1C  iHUD.esp
1D  Elemental Staves.esp
1E  Gildergreen Regrown.esp  [Version 1.2.3]
1F  Run For Your Lives.esp  [Version 1.2]
20  BarbasLessAnnoying.esp
21  BlockSparkles.esp
22  dD-No Twitching Dragon Death Animation.esp
23  ReadIt.esp
24  Waterbreathing Breathless Emerge.esp
25  DeadlySpellImpacts.esp
26  More Visible Soul Trap Effect.esp
27  The Dance of Death - Dawnguard Edition.esp
28  dD-No Spinning Death Animation.esp
29  TheEyesOfBeauty.esp  [Version 8]
2A  Slightly Reduced Distance NPC Greetings.esp
++  moveitLWT.esp
2B  Alternate Start - Live Another Life.esp  [Version 2.2]
2C  WATER.esp
2D  Blacksmithforge water fix.esp
2E  Cartographers Map Markers.esp
2F  Bashed Patch, 0.esp

You are correct, there should be 9 meshes removed, but it doesn't really have anything to do with the issue. The issue is that using these meshes causes the problem, so removing them isn't a solution, just a way to not have to deal with it.

Load order of the ESP files doesn't help me. I'm using NMM, but even that can handle load orders. One shouldn't be forced to use WB to get it working. It's really strange, but since it seems to work for most people, something must be wrong on my end. I just can't figure out what it could be.

And just to be clear: the issue is the new tree types that don't move at all, then suddenly they go nuts for 3-4 seconds. Moving will sometimes cause the branches to "fly out" in odd shapes. Other times they move pretty consistently, however, they do so like twice per second at 2 FPS (i.e. more like switching between positions rather than animating).

EDIT: I just tried again with Skyrim Flora Overhaul being the only mod in use. Same problem.

I would be curious to know whether or not the others that are having/had this issue are using NMM or not. STEP has stated not to use it due to it's lack of control over the installation of mods regarding mod overwrites and conflicts. This could very well be the cause of the issue (limitation of NMM).

Just popped in to reaffirm that I've played over 40 hours now and never seen the tree problem again. Was definitely the diversity plugin for me. Disabled it once just to test and tree problem immediately resurfaced. This was using the TPC install, so it may not be pulling all the SFO textures.

Odd that reinstalling fixed it for you Cestral, must have been a graphic setting? Weird.

Oh, and thanks again to the STEP people. My game has been rock solid, not a single crash. Hell, not even a FPS stutter.