Tree problem in clean STEP install

YuMMz

Question

Hello,

First, thanks to everyone who is involved in STEP. This guide is extremely helpful to someone like me.

I have followed STEP 2.2.0a that is on Nexus. I installed the core and about 60-70% of the optional mods. When I start the game I noticed that certain trees are shaking with the wind. I think this is a feature of one of the mods, since the animation starts, speeds up and then winds down. I figured it would be something with Climates of Tamriel or Vurts Flora Overhaul, so I disabled both of those, but the shaking still persists. I don't really like this feature, and was wondering if someone could enlighten me to which mods is causing it. I have everything installed through Bash, so I should be able to easily remove the mod. Here is my mod list, although I installed a lot of texture packs, so it might not be that useful.

Also, I used the TPC 1.91 and had it pull from about 90% of the mods listed there as well. I skipped "lush trees".

Thanks in advance!

YuMMz

00  Skyrim.esm
01  Update.esm
02  Dawnguard.esm
03  HearthFires.esm
04  Lanterns Of Skyrim - All In One - Main.esm
05  More Interactive Items.ESM
06  More Interactive Items [Dawnguard].ESM
07  More Interactive Items [Hearthfire].ESM
08  Unofficial Skyrim Patch.esp  [Version 1.2.7]
09  Unofficial Dawnguard Patch.esp  [Version 1.1.4]
0A  Unofficial Hearthfire Patch.esp  [Version 1.0.3]
0B  Better Dynamic Snow.esp
0C  Improved Combat Sounds v2.2.esp
0D  StaticMeshImprovementMod.esp
0E  Better Skill and Quest Books Names.esp
0F  BLESSINGS - Altar Descriptions.esp
10  Bring Out Your Dead.esp  [Version 1.1.4]
11  Chesko_WearableLantern.esp
12  ClamsDropPearls.esp
13  DungeonQuestAwareness.esp
14  Lanterns Of Skyrim - All In One - Climates of Tamriel - default.esp
15  PilgrimsDelight.esp
16  Radiant and Unique Potions Poisons and Booze.esp
17  SMDropLitTorch.esp
18  Convenient Horses.esp
19  Auto Unequip Ammo.esp
1A  Chesko_LoreBasedLoadingScreens.esp
1B  SkyUI.esp
1C  iHUD.esp
1D  Elemental Staves.esp
1E  Gildergreen Regrown.esp  [Version 1.2.3]
1F  Run For Your Lives.esp  [Version 1.2]
20  BarbasLessAnnoying.esp
21  BlockSparkles.esp
22  dD-No Twitching Dragon Death Animation.esp
23  ReadIt.esp
24  Waterbreathing Breathless Emerge.esp
25  DeadlySpellImpacts.esp
26  More Visible Soul Trap Effect.esp
27  The Dance of Death - Dawnguard Edition.esp
28  dD-No Spinning Death Animation.esp
29  TheEyesOfBeauty.esp  [Version 8]
2A  Slightly Reduced Distance NPC Greetings.esp
++  moveitLWT.esp
2B  Alternate Start - Live Another Life.esp  [Version 2.2]
2C  WATER.esp
2D  Blacksmithforge water fix.esp
2E  Cartographers Map Markers.esp
2F  Bashed Patch, 0.esp

It's Skyrim Flora Overhaul. Make sure you have both .esp's from his mod enabled and that the SFO - Expanded Diversity .esp is loaded after the main one. The trees are supposed to sway a bit obviously, but if you don't enable the Diversity or have it in the wrong position in your load order the trees will shake rather vigorously.

I've been having problems since vurt combined both mods. The trees do this weird thing where they expand as I get closer and closer, but then shrink back to normal after getting real close. The trees have the same look as in the pics that YuMMz posted except they seem to expand. When they snap back to normal the trees look great and it does not happen to all trees either.

Awesome, thanks for the help guys. It was the Diversity plugin. I should have read the readme, Vurt states that if you do not use diversity, you have to remove two tree files. I was just following the TPC instructions, which stated that diversity was optional. Once I loaded both esps and put the diversity plugin second, the tree problems stopped. They look great now! Thanks again! I would have been stumped since the problem existed even after disabling flora overhaul.

Also, this was with the 1.76b version.

An admin can mark this one as solved.

Yeah 1.76b seems to be very stable, but one thing I noticed is that the new tree types are popping in later than the vanilla ones if the sliders are only set around half way or less. If I set the slider around 9 or higher there is no problem, at around 6-7 it starts to become noticeable.

Well, I still have this issue. Of course, if I remove the 6 meshes then the problem goes away, but what if I want to actually use them? Load order of the ESP files makes no difference for me either. I can't seem to resolve this unfortunately.

Well I still have this issue. Of course, if I remove the 6 meshes then the problem goes away, but what if I want to actually use them? Load order of the ESP files makes no difference for me either. I can't seem to resolve this unfortunately.

Try loading the diversity .esp last in your load order.

There should be 9 meshes that you remove to remove the diverse trees according to Vurt.

Both .esp's must be enabled for the trees to be properly animated.. If you don't want any diverse trees (different colors on pines and aspen and my added Scots Pine type of trees) you must delete the treepineforest* and treeaspen* models from meshes/landscape/trees.

If you follow the wild cards that would be 9 meshes:

• treeaspen01
  • treeaspen03
  • treepineforest01
  • treepineforest03
  • treepineforest04
  • treepineforest05
  • treepineforestdead02
  • treepineforestdead04
  • treepineforestsnowl02
I've tested and I have no problems with or without these meshes or with or without the SFO - Expanded Diversity.esp activated. Not having this activated causes some patches of flora to not be added; like the new lupen fields. I have the Diversity ESP loaded right after the main ESP...no issues. WB is installing this just fine. I have attempted to reproduce this issue and can't which leads me to think it's either an issue with TPC or incorrect load order of the ESP files.

I have attempted to reproduce this issue and can't which leads me to think it's either an issue with TPC or incorrect load order of the ESP files.

It's not TPC. Did a full TPC install today over a vanilla Skyrim and there were no issues.

As far as I know, the ESPs simply tell the game where to place flora/diverse trees; meaning you can run SFO without them. You just won't get all the placements. I can run without the ESP with all textures and meshes install with no issues. I've tried using part of the meshes, every combo of disabling the ESPs, different load orders, etc... Nothing I do reproduces the messed up trees. I get some swaying trees but nothing unusual...just part of the game. Looks very natural in the wind.

All this only leads me to believe it's just an improper SFO installation. Jay, are you getting any of these problems too?