How do you check for mod updates with Wrye Bash

Razorsedge877

Question

5 answers to this question

Yes, Nexus tracking center is how you must update your mods, not automatically. Only only after careful reading on what's new and instructions on how to update a mod from it's author if any.

Also if you did not rename a mod's archive when downloaded from Nexus, you can right click on it in Installer's tab -> Open At -> Nexus

Yep I'm the same, use Nexus Track button and get notified by nexus of any updates to mods, and occasionally use Wrye Bash right click on the BAIN to Open at Nexus ..

pGyIRnJ.png

I much prefer manually checking and downloading, because there may be changes I dont wish to auto install immediately, and there may be additional work needs done to the BAIN to make it more Wrye Bash friendly. So semi-automated suits me better than fully automated, fully automated updates can mess things up when you are not expecting them, then you have baked in save issues, or the author may not provide an old file to roll back to etc etc.

Edited by alt3rn1ty
  • +1 1

I hope vortex takes the best of MO and Wrye Bash and combines them. I prefer bain over fomod because i csn easily see the options i chose in the installer but i like MO because its easy to compare mods.

I think i have also noticed i can rename a mod as long as i dont change the nexus id# but i am at work and cant try right now.

I like the screen shots. I am trying to get a guide going and will need to learn how to do this in order to ask coflict and load order questions.