Playing during S.T.E.P.

PetroIII

Question

Hello there,

if I follow the guide accurately, it states, that it's best to start out with a freshly installed Skyrim. Well, I did so and worked all my way through to installing the first mods, mainly fixes like the Unofficial Patch. But i asked myself the question, wether I am supposed to create a character before starting modding intensely. The guide never says anything of starting a new game, so am I supposed to create a character after installing the 200+ mods? Does it matter? Because I would like to test the game here and there to avoid crashes and to see the modding progress. I'd just complete Helgen and then start modding.

And one more thing: The guide also suggests to install the Official High Resolution Texture Pack DLCs. Are they essential or can i skip those? I've heard stories of them breaking the game in combination with SKSE.

Thanks for your help,

PetroIII

1 answer to this question

The game that you will be using for play should be a new game after you install the game. If you want to see the modding process, I recommend creating a "throwaway" save, which will be discarded once you start playing.

Any mods which are only textures and meshes can be skipped so the HRDLC can be skipped, but they're just textures and meshes. They have no issues with SKSE.