Does sorting Master really have any affect?

Mookeylama

Question

i use a great mod called NPC Face Transfer. fantastic way to change npc looks and clothes. replace a chicken w/ a follower lol.

u basically can install a follower or some face mod, transfer that look to an actor, then remove the look giver's esp. all this is added to a patch mod that stays at the bottom like a proccer sorta. but as u change actors, the mod that said acor is from gets added as a master to the main patch. i've used this extensively so my main patch at the bottom has like 30+ masters. everything has always worked fine for years. but i just noticed that the masters get added and listed in the patch, in the order that i add them. they're not listed in the order of my load. like, the last time i used it, Dawnguard was added so it's the last master listed.

i sorted them w/ tesedit. that worked fine. game seems to play fine. i checked a buncha faces from the mod, and all was well. so was just wondering...does sorting masters even do anything? thanks

1 answer to this question