FPS Capped Issue

reddvilzz

Question

I'm having this weird issue where my skyrim will be capped at 30fps, well 28 to be precise when I run it from MO.

I tried running vanilla profile on MO with ENB and it capped my fps to 30, while running skyrim not from MO will give me full fps.

Then I try running skyrim through MO but without enb, and it give me full fps. I think the problem is not on iPresentInterval or the fps limiter/vsycn on enb because I can run full fps on the 2 scenarios.

I've tested it using enb 0.305, 0.308 and 0.315 they ended up the same. Before I took a break from skyrim (about 2 weeks) it runs just fine but now it started to go crazy on me. I can't figuee out how to solve it until now.

I tried removing the skyrim.ini and skyrimprefs.ini from the respected MO profiles, generate new one from SkyrimLauncher and run bethINI still no luck.

Anyone have any idea?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

3 answers to this question

I'm having this weird issue where my skyrim will be capped at 30fps, well 28 to be precise when I run it from MO.

I tried running vanilla profile on MO with ENB and it capped my fps to 30, while running skyrim not from MO will give me full fps.

Then I try running skyrim through MO but without enb, and it give me full fps. I think the problem is not on iPresentInterval or the fps limiter/vsycn on enb because I can run full fps on the 2 scenarios.

I've tested it using enb 0.305, 0.308 and 0.315 they ended up the same. Before I took a break from skyrim (about 2 weeks) it runs just fine but now it started to go crazy on me. I can't figuee out how to solve it until now.

I tried removing the skyrim.ini and skyrimprefs.ini from the respected MO profiles, generate new one from SkyrimLauncher and run bethINI still no luck.

Anyone have any idea?

Just to add up, I'm using Nvidia's fps reader/overlay (I forgot what is it called) it is said my fps is 58 (capped with nvidia inspector) but yet in enb fps it is at 28. I try disabling nvidia's overlay yet it is remain the same.

Incorrect FPS reading with 0.305 may be a factor and I've never used it to gauge FPS in game. I always FRAPS or Skyrim Performance Monitor. NVidia Inspector may report reliable FPS as well but I can't say since I have an AMD video card.

The problem is not the reading, it is actually felt while playing. Everything felt very sluggish and choppy which is the reason why I noticed it.