Mods own Directories unless merged or replaced

verrik

Question

ok just always had some issues with the step and was wondering should I give every mod its own directory unless it says to merge or replace as some of the mods dont really say if you need to replace or merge when it says to download more then one part to some of the mods as it is best just to  make directories for everything unless it is something you need to merge and replace as I  am saying?

2 answers to this question

ok just always had some issues with the step and was wondering should I give every mod its own directory unless it says to merge or replace as some of the mods dont really say if you need to replace or merge when it says to download more then one part to some of the mods as it is best just to  make directories for everything unless it is something you need to merge and replace as I  am saying?

Don't replace. Replace deletes the files you've installed before it and replaces them with the new ones. Merging "adds" to the existing files and overwrites any files that conflict.

Whether you merge or create a separate mod is entirely up to you. That's why instructions aren't listed in all cases. I, personally, merge the files to keep my list cleaner and more organized. Other prefer to have separate listing for each option they've installed.

Just one more thing  for  stuff like heart of the beast do you download everything from sounds to textures and models and eyes and stuff or just the part for high aggression?

Just what the baseline says, high aggression. If you want the other stuff, you can install it too. It's optional. The Guide is a "guide". You don't have to follow it explicitly, though we recommend users new to modding do so until they learn more.