Skyrim Revisited Pre-Release Feedback

02/17/2013 11:18AM PST - Mod Organizer updated to 0.12.7 and added link to video beginners guide. HD Enhanced Terrain updated to v8. Note for users Better Makeup for SKSE had one of the main files update.

The update for 'Better Makeup for SKSE' now tries to install as 'High Res Female Face Makeup for SKSE' instead of 'Better Makeup for SKSE' like the other ones do. Hope this might help someone lol

Neo, the below (first instruction under "More Interactive Items") seems redudant partially:

Expand "Cell">"Block 0">Sub-Block 7" under More Interactive Items.esm and select the "000BE46A" node.

Right click the column for Dawnguard.esm and select "Copy as override into...".

Select More Interactive Items[Dawnguard].esm and click [OK].

Drag the "XCLW - Water Height" from Dawnguard.esm to More Interactive Items[Dawnguard].esm.

With the user Copying as an override from Dawnguard.esm into MII[Dawnguard].esm, the final line for XCLW - Water Height is already there as the copy from the override (value=0.00000).

Is there a reason to do this seperately?

This is incorrect (RE: Cleaning the Bethesda ESMs):

To resolve this problem, perform the following:

Navigate to /overwrite/TES5Edit Backups and move all of the backup files to /Data.

Select all the ESM files in the /Data folder except Skyrim.esm and move them to the /overwrite directory.

Rename the .backup* files to their original name such as Update.esm, Dawnguard.esm and so on.

The ESM files are no longer in the /Data folder; the modified ones are in overwrite, the backups in TES5Edit Backups.

Noevalen' date=' are you using the 1K or 2K version of SRO? I use the SRO/2K+Dawnguard. If I have it enabled with SFO+Punish then it CTDs. If I disable SRO/2K then it *seems* stable, even though the memory usage is unchanged (roughly 2.1GB-2.4GB depending on the scene).[/quote']

I'm getting pretty bad slow-downs in game upon going outside and occasionally in bigger interiors like dungeons. Its immediately fixed by alt tabbing then going back into the game though. Any idea what causes that?

No idea, never get that.

Navigate to /overwrite/TES5Edit Backups and move all of the backup files to /Data.

Select all the ESM files in the /Data folder except Skyrim.esm and move them to the /overwrite directory.

Rename the .backup* files to their original name such as Update.esm, Dawnguard.esm and so on.

The ESM files are no longer in the /Data folder; the modified ones are in overwrite, the backups in TES5Edit Backups.

Other than the typo (patch=path) I don't see a problem... in MO 12.6 the files did NOT move into overwrite but stayed in the main dir for some reason... Are you using 12.6 or 12.7?

Ok. I am having an issue that is just killing me right now and I can't seem to find the cause. My characters faces (at the character creation screen) rapidly flicker from one brightness to another. And then the War Paints will leave a transparent ghost when I switch thru them. If i mess with the Dirt and Complexion sliders enough it seems to get rid of it at certain intervals only to show smaller, subtle flickers on the face where maybe a different War Paint would be. I only notice this on myself and no one else. It's as if there is something wrong with the presets for each race, because if I mess around with the sliders enough it appears to stop.

This does not happen in Vanilla and I've deactivated everything I could think of that could be related. I also deactivated everything that I've added in just the last day so far and cannot figure it out. Even reinstalling all of the mods under "The People of Skyrim", and reverting to some of the mods from that were just recently updated. I thought for a small while that it was SMIM but it ended up not being the case. Perhaps there is something in my Skyrim.ini or Skyrimprefs.ini that may cause this?

Lol, I'm open to any suggestions before I painstakingly reinstall every mod hoping that will fix it.

Ok. I am having an issue that is just killing me right now and I can't seem to find the cause. My characters faces (at the character creation screen) rapidly flicker from one brightness to another. And then the War Paints will leave a transparent ghost when I switch thru them. If i mess with the Dirt and Complexion sliders enough it seems to get rid of it at certain intervals only to show smaller, subtle flickers on the face where maybe a different War Paint would be. I only notice this on myself and no one else. It's as if there is something wrong with the presets for each race, because if I mess around with the sliders enough it appears to stop.

This does not happen in Vanilla and I've deactivated everything I could think of that could be related. I also deactivated everything that I've added in just the last day so far and cannot figure it out. Even reinstalling all of the mods under "The People of Skyrim", and reverting to some of the mods from that were just recently updated. I thought for a small while that it was SMIM but it ended up not being the case. Perhaps there is something in my Skyrim.ini or Skyrimprefs.ini that may cause this?

Lol, I'm open to any suggestions before I painstakingly reinstall every mod hoping that will fix it.

Wow never seen that... make sure SKSE is installed properly and you configured the INI as well.

I experienced the same. Using 12.6 with with 12.7 update but using 12.6 hook.dll.

First post here. Neovalen, your Skyrim Revisited looks great.  I'm relatively new to using STEP but I found your guide more explanatory and it includes more non-vanilla type mods that appeal to me with easy to follow instructions.  It even got me using Wrye/ModOrganizer when the regular STEP didn't, and I'm glad! So much better. I'm eagerly anticipating the addition of lighting mods and melee/magic combat mods.  Magic in vanilla seems terrible to me next to melee/archer characters.  I greatly enjoyed SkyRe when I tried it, and after using Realistic Lighting Overhaul and Climates of Tamriel type mods, I find it hard to go back.

In the meantime, if anyone has any suggestions/links to posts on integrating SkyRe, Realistic Lighting Overhaul and/or Climates of Tamriel into Skyrim Revisited without causing problems, I'd greatly appreciate it.