Skyrim Revisited Pre-Release Feedback

Hello!  I've been following Skyrim Revisited for a while now (as a complete lurker, only joined the forum recently) and I am in awe of the amount of work you (Neovalen) have put into this guide.  Thank you and all others who have contributed to the project and to STEP as well.  That said, I would like to help, even if only in this teeny tiny little way.

I noticed--when going through my list of mods in MO for conflicts--that Brawl Bugs Patch (Compatibility Edition) is completely overwritten by Enhanced Blood Textures when all bsa files are unpacked; it leaves only the readme and the unused esp file so MO doesn't flag it as redundant.

On the Enhanced Blood Textures Nexus page, the author says "The bsa only contains jonwd7's brawl bug patch. You can remove it to use the standalone patch instead."  As such, would you recommend not installing the Enhanced Blood Textures bsa in favour of the standalone Brawl Bug Patch or just use the EBT bsa and not bother installing BBP in the first place?

SkyRe also contains Brawl Bugs Patch. I did'nt new EBT has it as well. If it really have it, it's ok to disable the original mod.

Oh, it was included in the last update. :)

Technically yes, you can remove it... however... if you remove EBT (lets say a user doesn't like it or using CT instead) then you lose it for all the other mods in the load order that depend on it... so even if it's over-written I think it should stay. (or I should write a note to remove the conflicting files from EBT and use the originals)

This week I got a GTX 670 4GB card and purchased Dragonborn so I started Skyrim Revisited from the beginning again.  Tons o' system memory unchanged (24GB).  Note that I do not have Hearthfire.

I'm running into a problem, though.  Right now I have all the mods enabled through 4.8.2 (Armors - Custom Body) with a few notable exceptions: no soul trap, no animations (4.7.4), and no automatic variants (I'm in the security field, so as a rule I don't run JRE on my computer... but I digress).  I have also skipped ahead and applied the INI tweaks (and only the tweaks) outlined in the SR document.

I have a save outside the Helgen cave that is pretty lean... just through 4.4 (Interface).  This is the point where I load up as I add and check things out.

Recently I started running this route:

- Down the mountain, magic stone, kill the wolves, in-and-out of the water, into the inn at Riverwood and get a rumor from Ognar;

- Out the inn, down the mountain road, killing another wolf, down to Honeymead and jump on a brazier outside the building;

- Down the road toward Whiterun, help (or not) the giant fight, and then outside of Whiterun's gates, and enter the city.

I seem to get a CTD somewhere between the brazier jumping and approaching the giant fight.  Not always, but sometimes.  Tracking it down has been painful and slow (and did I mention painful).  So, I'm posting in the off-chance that someone has had CTDs with a relatively pure SR, or gather some insight on what might be going on to help my endeavors.  For reference, VRAM peaks around 3.0-3.1G when it crashes. Help?

Thanks!

I don't have such a big VRAM to say, but it seems that reaching this much will bring problems.

Check if you still using SkyTest, as it was the only mod in SR that we confirmed was causing CTD to pretty much all of us, and remove it.

Other possibilities lay in UNP bodies, skeletons, double check if you did all recommended instructions of that section.

I have a 4gb Nvidia 680' date=' and this game takes VRAM use to the maximum and then some.   Much over 3gb is asking for trouble, and almost always causes a CTD.   So yes, for SRE texture optimization is more or less mandatory full stop.[/quote']

Agreed, if your hitting 3GB+ then optimize some mods. :)

Just a short reminder, did you see that No More Ugly Shine has been update as well?

It has a totally different file now and I am clueless about what it does. Author ignored me, lol.

Yes I did... and I'm working on the guide right now... will see how far I get tonight... going for a marathon! :)

After some tweaking 2.2GB and still CTDs. Currently I'm investigating 4.7.3 (Face and Body). It's not straightforward since if I disable the first half, it happens, or if I only disable the second half it happens. But if I disable all of it, it doesn't happen. (It's probably a red herring though unless I try a buuunch of repeat attempts.)

Just got done updating that section up to and including "XP32 Maximum Skeleton". Ran FNIS and all other dynamic patches to make sure I got everything.

Going to play test now for a bit and see if I also CTD or if it works fine. Starting new game from Helgen for a fresh start.

I'd start with Alternate Start in other place, like as a vampire, or as a an Alik'r Redguard. Always do the trick, and avoid opening scene + Helgen useless caverns x)

Unrelated to SR (but sort of), I just discovered why RLO is so dark for so much people, and wow, just wow. It is beautiful.

A lot of mods change a lots of edits in fogs and lights that RLO do, back to vanilla... with the RLO General Patch I made, I've seen the difference in the first Inn I entered. Awesome. :)

ps.: You just complete removed XCE? And what about UNP Hand Meshes... I'm very curious on the reasons. :)

I'd start with Alternate Start in other place, like as a vampire, or as a an Alik'r Redguard. Always do the trick, and avoid opening scene + Helgen useless caverns x)

Unrelated to SR (but sort of), I just discovered why RLO is so dark for so much people, and wow, just wow. It is beautiful.

A lot of mods change a lots of edits in fogs and lights that RLO do, back to vanilla... with the RLO General Patch I made, I've seen the difference in the first Inn I entered. Awesome. :)

ps.: You just complete removed XCE? And what about UNP Hand Meshes... I'm very curious on the reasons. :)

XCE only thing left was scars... and I felt the XCE versions "hid" them too much.

As for the hand meshes... took a cue from "Alt Navtsea" about copying the UNPB 3rd person hand meshes to first person meshes. Going to update it slightly in a few minutes though. (think I need to copy the body to 1st person as well). Edit: Confirmed - updated guide. Without copying the body to 1st person also there is a visible hand seam. :)

The other mod (UNP Hand Meshes) uses the vanilla hand mesh which is too manly and thick fingered.

All: So far so good... only had one problem so far (infinite load going into bleak falls barrow once...). Last time I had this was due to the "iLargeIntRefCount=262144" ini tweak... might remove it. Anyone else have this issue?

@Neo - just a quick typo I found, to avoid download confusion for users. Currently the guide shows:

Version: 2.0a (Riverwood)

The nonRW version is actually 2.0a on Nexus. The version used in the guide, w/Riverwood is just 2.0. So it should read:

Version: 2.0 (Riverwood)

@Neo - just a quick typo I found, to avoid download confusion for users. Currently the guide shows:

Version: 2.0a (Riverwood)

The nonRW version is actually 2.0a on Nexus. The version used in the guide, w/Riverwood is just 2.0. So it should read:

Version: 2.0 (Riverwood)

Fixed. Thanks.