SkyRE Pack vs. STEP

I am a bit confused with the instructions of this pack.

On one hand this "Pack" introduces many mods not used in STEP which I expected.  

On the other hand this "Pack" introduces mods already in STEP.

My confusion stems from this being a STEP Pack add on.  So I expected to see only mods not included in STEP and instructions where changes needed to be made.  

This seems more like a complete guide to SkyRE where STEP is not required.

I feel I could just make a new install with just Skyrim and this guide and have SkyRE. (Without STEP

((Can I just follow this guide without STEP))

Am I wrong?  

(With STEP) Will I miss something if I skip over mods already included in STEP with this guide?

Is everything in this Pack required?  ie. Falskaar (Just for example)

Can I also Go with B. NSM - FULL PACK v.4.0.2 Performance Edition vs A. NSM - FULL PACK_v.4.0.2_2K to accommodate my poor little i3 dual core? And my Nvidia GeForce GTX 650 Ti 2GB?

Full sys specs are:

OS; Windows 10 Pro

Motherboard; P8H61-M LE/CSM

Processor; Intel i3-3220 @3.30GHz

Ram; 16 GB

System Type; 64-bit OS, 64-based processor

Video Card; Nvidia GeForce GTX 650 Ti 2GB

Driver Version; 358.91

Native Resolution; 1920x1200, 59Hz

I currently run STEP Extended With some modification for quality where I felt i could preserve some FPS.  I do not really have video issues but do encounter audio pause.  5-7 seconds sometimes where I will get mashed up audio delivered all at once.   VERY noticeable.  I assume it is because of my CPU-Script lag.  I wondered if getting a dedicated sound card vs. onboard sound would help.  I could afford to do that now but not upgrade Motherboard and CPU and VIDEO at this time.

Edited by Silverpanther34

Skyrim Revisited: Legendary Edition (SR:LE) is not a pack...it is a whole different guide.

If you choose to install SR:LE you should use a brand new profile so none of thr STEP mods are acive and install all the SR:LE mods and follow all steps and directions. Just like STEP, the guide assumes you install all the mods. Otherwise the premade conflict resolution may not work for you and you will have to do manual xEdit CR work.

That doesn't mean that you can't install lower quality textures for some of the mods if you want (like the performance version of Noble Skyrim or Vivid Landscapes). With your setup I would recommend lower quality textures where you can. 1k for exteriors if possible.

Also, SR:LE is quite a bit more intensive on your computer than STEP, with the higher quality textures and especially the ENB.

Skyrim Revisited: Legendary Edition (SR:LE) is not a pack...it is a whole different guide.

If you choose to install SR:LE you should use a brand new profile so none of thr STEP mods are acive and install all the SR:LE mods and follow all steps and directions. Just like STEP, the guide assumes you install all the mods. Otherwise the premade conflict resolution may not work for you and you will have to do manual xEdit CR work.

That doesn't mean that you can't install lower quality textures for some of the mods if you want (like the performance version of Noble Skyrim or Vivid Landscapes). With your setup I would recommend lower quality textures where you can. 1k for exteriors if possible.

Also, SR:LE is quite a bit more intensive on your computer than STEP, with the higher quality textures and especially the ENB.

Thank you for the input and correction.  I was hopping for a bit less intensive all in 1 set-up than STEP Extended but that appears not to be the case with SR:LE.  Regardless I will do a MO install from Vanilla scratch and follow the guide to the end and where possible use less intensive textures.  I will see where that gets me.  My system seems to handle games beyond most recommendations.  ie. Fallout 4 and Witcher 3 both play very well on my PC.  Even though I do not meet the min requirement. 

Any thought on this? : I do not really have video issues but do encounter audio pause.  5-7 seconds sometimes where I will get mashed up audio delivered all at once.   VERY noticeable.  I assume it is because of my CPU-Script lag.  I wondered if getting a dedicated sound card vs. onboard sound would help.

Edited by Silverpanther34