To Extract or Not To Extract

You know at this rate, I might be able to start my Skyrim playthrough by Christmas. I suppose that's the price of being too cautious. 

In any event, I'm on the step where I'm downloading the optimal textures and need a little clarification (and I couldn't find an exact answer when I searched). It says to install the part one version of the mod, but not if I should extract that as well. From what I can gather, it seems to be a preference thing, but I have little experience with this sort of thing so I can't really reach an informed decision. My instinct is to not extract the BSA as that seems the simplest option, but just wanted to double check to make sure I'm not suppose to extract them as well. 

Unless stated otherwise, like Immersive College of Winterhold. Most important of ALL, read ALL text in every section. It's very easy to miss some instructions first times doing this.

I found that line actually later on. I had was at the part about installing the optimized textures when I asked this. After deciding it was better of not to, I continued on and then reached the regular mods where it said as much. Oh well, thanks for the response anyways. 

Yeah, early on in the SR:LE guide it has a big warning saying to make sure you extract everything. Every mod in SR:LE can be extracted, I believe. There are a couple in SR:LE Extended that cannot.

I think only two mods Inigo and Immersive College of Winterhold are from SRLE Extended. These are not unpacked because the author recommends this.