Combat performance issues

Taverius

Question

My FPS is pretty good (45-50 outside whiterun) but as soon as I enter combat it all goes juddery, and often when I load a favorites preset with F1-F4 everything will hang for a second.

Any idea what I can do to fix that?

Also, SPM tells me I'm riding just at the edge of the 3G my 780 has - ~3000mb outdoors, ~2700mb indoors - what would be the first texture mod to drop in resolution to scale that back a little?

3 answers to this question

actualy 45 fps outdoor is good enough no need to work there

that 3000mb are vram or physical memory ? because if it's vram no need to worry even on windows 10 4gb limit.

if it's physical ram used then you have to relook at texture mods, especially heavy hitting mods. try to install 2k and 2k-1k combination of textures instead of 4k.

edit: the acronym vram is used as video memory (physical memory of the video card); also vram is used sometimes for virtual memory that's actualy the video memory plus the windows page file system that allows a computer to compensate for shortages of physical memory by temporarily transferring pages of data from physical memory to disk storage.

Edited by paul666root

VRAM.

I have 16G physical.

I'm already running Medium DynDOLOD to achieve 45-ish fps - High brings my 780 to its knees - but its ... not smooth, and especially so in outdoors combat.

ENB reserved is already at 256, I'm told not to go higher on Win10.

Everything is as recommended by Neo, except for the statues I took the 2k option where the 4k was suggested.

I guess I can try swapping out SFO for Enhanced Landscapes, or use the 1.87a SFO.