FNIS Skeleton Arm Fix not working

Homeslice1287

Question

Hey Everyone, I have been searching for hours online to try and find a fix for the issue I'm having but nothing seems to work, changing my load order, enabling/disabling mods, uninstalling/reinstalling mods and even completely uninstalling Skyrim, all my mods and all of the modding tools that I use for Skyrim and nothing has worked thus far, so I am asking you for help.

I have FNIS and XPMS Extended Skeleton installed with the Skeleton Arm Fix ticked when FNIS gets run and for some reason, my arms still morph outside of my body when having and weapon drawn or using any spell in first person view only, I thought it was Enhanced Camera messing with the skeleton but I turned it off and nothing changed, my game works perfectly except for this issue so I don't think it's an issue with my load order or any mods I have installed but I'm probably wrong when it comes to that, can anyone help? I will provide more details if need be, I really want this fixed, it's only a small thing but it's completely immersion breaking and I want it gone!!

My eyes can typically handle anything thrown at me other than low FOV and any type of motion blur, after buying any game, I'll instantly go into the settings and turn off any blur effects and chance the FOV to 80-110 depending on the game and how it plays.

So does this clarify that @Kesta is correct and it isn't a FNIS issue?

No. 40 is almost half of the default vanilla value. Most likely at 40 the FOV is so small that he doesn't see its arm anymore. Though I'm positive this isn't what the "skeleton arm fix" is actually supposed to fix.

Edit: Nvm, didn't see the second page. So this actually was a FOV issue ? Still, 81 shouldn't cause this, dozen of people play at 81 and don't have any problems.

I didn't see you was using AGO at first. Should have noted that. Does the issue occur with absolutely everything, or only with a bow (or aimed spells maybe) ?

I never investigated much AGO nor did I play with it a lot, but IIRC there is a big lot of issues with 1st persons stuffs. And modded 1st person anims and morphs tend to f*** up usually (like sheathing/unsheating 1st person animations available in XPMSE). You tried without AGO ? (again, preferably testing on a new save).

Edited by Kesta

It happens with every single thing you can unsheathe in the game. Bows, swords, spells etc it happens with everything and I was having the issue before installing AGO, I also just tried turning AGO off and starting a new save and it is still the same.

My eyes can typically handle anything thrown at me other than low FOV and any type of motion blur, after buying any game, I'll instantly go into the settings and turn off any blur effects and chance the FOV to 80-110 depending on the game and how it plays.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not knocking your FOV choice; I just meant that I don't know if there are many people who could confirm if there is a safe way of playing with an FOV of 90-100.

If an FOV around 70 is too small, try 81. IIRC (and I could be misremembering), that was the old STEP FOV recommendation, so 81 should be safe. Is that a sufficiently high FOV?