A couple of weird problems

Yippee38

Question

I've been playing my install on and off since mid-February.  I just recently started running into problems.  They may be related, but maybe not.

1)  I can no longer harvest while riding (still using Convenient Horses as I did the install based on the guide at that time).  I tried changing the hotkey and unbinding it.  I even tried StopQuest CH, then StartQuest CH.

2)  I set my bow as #3 on my favorites.  It no longer works when I hit 3.

3)  I ran into a problem where I could not equip my shield.  The hotkey for it doesn't work, nor does manually equipping it.  So I un-favorited it, and gave it to my follower.  It still shows on my back.  If I bathe, the animation removes all of my characters clothes, but the shield stays.  I even tried un-equiping everything, exiting game and coming back.  The shield is still showing on my naked back.

4)  I've had this problem since I did the install.  Don't know if it's related or not.  I save my games using the console.  Most times that's fine.  Once in a while though, when I start to save my game, I type "save <name>".  The screen responds very slowly to my keystrokes.  If I then exit the console, the game runs super slowly.  I have to ~qqq and restart, then it's fine.

I'm wondering if there could be something weird going on with my keybindings/hotkeys for various mods.  As I said, I don't know if the 4th thing is related or not, and I can live with that.  The shield thing, not so much.

Anybody have any suggestions on what I could check/try?

10 answers to this question

Well I dont know anything about the first 3, but I'm guessing your accidentally engaging ENB Brute Force mode with its hotkey for #4.

Yeah.  That seems to be very similar behavior to what I'm experiencing.  I'll have to check that the next time it happens.

Does anybody have any suggestions on which mods might be causing my being unable to equip my shield?

After deleting favorite hotkeys and setting them up again, I can use my bow again.  The shield is still not working though.

Edited by Yippee38

Strangely, I died yesterday.  When the game restarted (I let it, instead of starting over), the shield was attached to my shin.  I intentionally died again.  It was attached to my left shin again, but about 3 feet left of my character and partly in the ground.  When I ran, it moved back and forth like it was part of my leg.

Sounds like your skeleton is messed up. DSR is trying to put it on the ShieldBack node but it doesn't exist.

Ok.  Thanks!

I asked about which mod because I thought I'd ask the mod author if they had any ideas.  LOL.

I did the following steps to fix it in case anybody else runs into this problem:

1.  Unequip shield

2.  Disable Dual Sheath Redux (and patches)

3.  Load game

4.  Save and exit.

5.  Enable DSR (and patches)

6.  Run Loot

7.  Run SkyProc Patcher

8.  Run Skyrim.

I could not find any fixes through XP32, but this worked.  I suspect that disabling DSR and re-enabling it just removed it from the skeleton's back (even though the skeleton was screwed up).  Maybe, somehow, the skeleton duplicated to back node and the shield got stuck on the duplicate node (or something).

Thanks for your help Neo.