SR:LE and STEP Packs: Dovahkiin Reborn and Skyrim Gameplay Rebalance

skylah

Question

Hello all,

I am trying to create ultimate Skyrim experience. Has anyone tried installing those three packs at same on top of each other? First SR:LE and then those two? Installation should go fine as long as you keep in mind what you have installed in SR:LE before? As it seems SR:LE covers few mods which those packs have.

And also if it's too demanding for Skyrim engine?

So as far as you know what mods you have in SR:LE you shouldn't have any conflicts installing these two packs on-top of it when you remember download proper patches, right? And use these instructions:

https://wiki.step-project.com/User:Dreadflopp/Dreadflopps_Modular_patches#Skyrim_Gameplay_Rebalance

https://wiki.step-project.com/User:Dreadflopp/Dreadflopps_Modular_patches#Dovahkiin_Reborn

Just wondering if anyone has done it before, since installing and modding takes around 1 week I guess :/ 

Thanks for any replies,

Skylah

Edited by skylah

5 answers to this question

I'm working on it right now. I installed STEP: Extended & it's patch. Then I installed select mods from SR:LE, SR:LE Extended & Dovahkiin Reborn + Gameplay Rebalance. I chose STEP as a base for it's pre-made patch as Neovalen provides detailed instructions on creating your own conflict resolution patch which I will use for the additional mods I installed.

Once I've got all the mods I'm interested in installed (just now completed), I will use Mod Organizer to split off logical groups of mods into separate profiles; civil war overhauled/ helgen reborn for a warrior, moonpath & summset isles for a mage. I've tried to launch an everything collection before & it definitely seems to cause a memory crash immediately. Also there's the whole string limit / save corruption issue, so only installing what I'll actually use / notice makes sense. I trimmed burn/freeze/shock effects, footprints, iNeed, loot & degradation not because they are bad mods but because I won't miss them & losing them lessen the resource & script load (I assume).

Best of luck, be prepared for lots of trial & error if start down that road, but it should be fun & informative.

Ah, okay. I try going with SR:LE Extended then. Not going to install full mod list from the Extended version, but some. For example:

- Perks and Leveling list mods

- Combat and Traps list mods

- Deleveled Loot list mods

- Economy list mods

So since I won't be installing all the mods, I need to make the conflict resolution myself. So basically I check the conflict resolution page and only do conflict resolutions for mods which I pick?

Ah, okay. I try going with SR:LE Extended then. Not going to install full mod list from the Extended version, but some. For example:

- Perks and Leveling list mods

- Combat and Traps list mods

- Deleveled Loot list mods

- Economy list mods

So since I won't be installing all the mods, I need to make the conflict resolution myself. So basically I check the conflict resolution page and only do conflict resolutions for mods which I pick?

yes. you can do that