ENB Crashes Skyrim on Load - PLEASE HELP!

MKeener

Question

Alright, so I've been trying to mod Skyrim for 2 years now but every time I even think/take a crack at ENBs, they always manage to show me the front door. I've still yet to actually play the game on PC (my friends think me mad)! I've followed the Skyrim Revisited: Legendary Edition STEP guide to the tee and even bought a hefty new GPU to back me up: GTX 980Ti.

Now, using the ENB Manager & Changer with Vividian ENB exactly as instructed in the guide, I am able to enter the main menu and even load games where I am inside (interior cells). However, as soon as I exit the building or try to load a game in an exterior cell -> CRASH! Strangely though, if in the ENB manager I add the enbseries folder (WITHOUT THE enbseries.ini file) instead of the Vividian ENB Install Files folder, the game works! It looks like absolute trash however, much brighter then what I expect to see looking at youtube adds for the preset. 

Any idea as to what this could possibly be causing my distress would mean a lot!

Edited by MKeener

3 answers to this question