Question Regarding High Resolution Pack - [SOLVED]

Deathwing514

Question

Dear Step Community,

Would It be possible for me to extract both bsa for HighResTexturePack01.bsa and HighResTexturePack02.bsa file and combine them together into one archive file?

For example, here are the steps i would take.

1. Extract both HighResTexturePack01.bsa and HighResTexturePack02.bsa using BSAopt

2. Combine the texture folder from HRDLC2 to HRDLC1

3. Install the HRDLC Fixes and Tweaks to HRDLC1 and overwrite

4. Archive the HRDLC1 File with 7zip

5. PLace the HRDLC1.7zip file to Bash Installer

6. Install using wrye bash

8. Delete both esp and bsa from data folder

Would this scenerio work? I would love to have all the fixes in one archive file.

And before you recommend Z guide on the fixes, I would like to see if this alternative way would also work

Any help on this matter would help myself and the community on answering this question.

Thank you and I eagerly await for a response.

3 answers to this question

I've tried this both ways, one time with a single file in Wrye Bash for both the combined High Res DLC and another time I kept them separate. It seemed to work fine whichever way I did it.

My only concern is your step 8, deleting the BSA and esp for the high res DLC. Whenever you use the vanilla Skyrim launcher (vs., for example, the SKSE launcher) it will reinstall these unless you are also using Skyrim Unplugged and it is set to disable updates. I don't think it is possible to unsubscribe the high res DLC itself once you subscribe to it (at least I don't know how to do so), so Skyrim Unplugged is needed.