No Man's Sky - Unofficial Wiki
This wiki has been created as a community effort to document the internal workings of No Man's Sky as well as acquaint aspiring modders with the game modding possibilities.
Modding NMS is an on-going research effort and as such, many pages might change over time as the game will evolve and as contributors will publish new insight details and techniques.
Join us in the NMS Modding Discord channel, and thanks so much for reading!
If you want to mod NMS, reading the Current State of Modding article gives a first overview (even if not extensive) to figure out the actual state of modding.The second step is checking out The Modding Process tutorial to get all the first advices to extract, edit and repack files and get the basis to create your first mod.
We are looking for adventurous individuals to experiment on every aspects of No Man's Sky modding capabilities. As many aspects of the game remain hidden away behind untested properties and attributes, experimentation is necessary to learn more about all the game could provide.
Those willing to assist in updating this wiki with all their findings could apply following these steps :
- Create an account on the Step Forums, if one doesn't exist
- Ensure to verify the account from the email sent to the address used during sign up
- Log into the wiki using the forum username and password (person icon on the navbar)
- After that is complete, mention @TechAngel85 on the NMS Modding Discord channel with the desire to edit the NMS wiki so the request is public.
- Please include the username that was used for the forum account. Users will then be assigned a user group with edit rights.
Those not familiar with wiki editing and markup, please see the Wiki Reference for guidances.