No Man's Sky - Unofficial Wiki
This wiki has been created as a community effort to document the internal workings of No Man's Sky as well as acquaint aspiring modders with the game modding possibilities.
Modding NMS is an on-going research effort and as such, many pages might change over time as new patches and updates will be released by Hello Games and as contributors will publish new insight details and techniques.
Join us in the NMS Modding Discord channel, and thanks so much for reading!
If you want to mod NMS, reading the Current State of Modding article is a good start to figure out the actual state of modding. This document is not extensive but it will already give an overview.
Then, if you're ready to try editing some values, you might check out The Modding Process tutorial to get all the first advices to extract, edit and repack files.
Once done, you might have the basis to go on and create your first mod, or you can continue to explore tutorials.
We are looking for adventurous individuals to experiment on every aspects of modding No Man's Sky. As many aspects of No Man's Sky remain hidden away behind untested properties and attributes, experimentation is necessary to learn more about these unknown aspects and ingame interactions.
Those willing to assist in advancing research of the game's internal mechanics should consider updating this wiki with all findings. To get started,
- Create an account on the Step Forums, if one doesn't exist
- Ensure to verify the account from the email sent to the address used during sign up
- Log into the wiki using the forum username and password (person icon on the navbar)
- After that is complete, mention @TechAngel85 on the NMS Modding Discord channel with the desire to edit the NMS wiki so the request is public.
- Please include the username that was used for the forum account. Users will be assigned a user group on the wiki that allows editing.
Those not familiar with wiki editing and markup, please see the Wiki Reference for guidance on creating and editing pages on the wiki.