From Step Mods | Change The Game
- PSARCTool by Periander - Extracts and recreates the .PAK files.
- MBINCompiler by Monkeyman192 - Decompiles and recompiles the .MBIN files.
- AMUMSS (Auto Mod-builder Updater with Mod Script System) by Mjjstral & Wbertro - This tool automates every step of nms modding via .lua scripts. Once translated into a script, mods could be regenerated again in one click. It can also merge mods together, extract .pak files, check any mod conflict and much more...
- NMS Mod Builder by cmkushnir - This tool automates every step of nms modding via C# scripts. Once translated into a script, mods could be regenerated again in one click. It can also merge mods together, extract .pak files, check any mod conflict and much more...
- NMS-MCDAMM by ronw71 - a No Man's Sky Mod Conflict Detector and mod manager --- edit - compare - merge
- NMS Modding Station by Tub0Crisco - This tool eases up the process of putting a mod together by cutting down most of hand made steps. Note: it has PSArcTool built-in!
Assistive Tools and Resources
- Assistant for No Man's Sky by Kurt Lourens - This Apple/Android App presents a lot of game data in a more convenient way, like all game recipes, item costs and more.
- Cheat Engine by Dark_Byte - a powerful tool for adjusting any game variable loaded in memory in real-time. Note that these changes only last the time of your current game session, and must either be saved & reloaded alongside Cheat Engine each time (via CheatTables) or copied over to related game files to create a mod (i.e. recompiled MBINS, packed into .pak files).
- NMS PCBANKS Explorer-Unpacker This tool included with AMUMSS could search and extract desired files directly from .pak files and browse all the game file structures.
- NMS Reward Allocator by GmrLeon - this tool allows one to add either preexisting rewards, or custom rewards, to every interaction of any set of existing interactions in the game.
- NMS UI visualizer by Monkeyman192 - WIP
- NMS Extracted Tables by Lo2k - Lists all the game products and substances extracted from NMS_REALITY_GCSUBSTANCETABLE and NMS_REALITY_GCPRODUCTTABLE files.
3D Related Tools
- NMSDK Blender Export Plugin by Monkeyman192 - A blender plugin to import and export 3D game models.
- NMS Model Viewer by Gregkwaste - 3D models viewer. Source code is available here with notes on usage & keyboard shortcuts in the Wiki tab.
- No Man's Audio suite by Monkeyman192 - WIP
- A little script by Ben Spencer that converts .wem audio files into .ogg files.
- Divinity Sound Converter - Another script to convert .wem files into .ogg ones.
- NomNom by Zencq - Savegame editor with visual menus like inventories.
- NMS Save editor by GoatFungus - Tweak your savegame values the easy way. Comes also with a raw edit mode.
- NMS Location Manager by Fuzzy - Allows to create galaxy position you can share or teleport back
- NMS Color Parser by RogerHN - Palette files preview
- No Man's Connect by jaszhix - Online Location Manager
- NM Seeds by LuckDragon - A player feed seed database for ships, freighter, frigates, multi-tools and NPCs
- NMS Translator by Lo2k - Converts both ways all language files into easy to read and edit .txt files.
- NMS Vulkan Shader Tool by eaqz - Allows compilation and decompilation of .spv shader files.
- NMS Annotation Script Generator by GmrLeon - These two generators, one for products, tech, & substance tables, and the other for the various mission tables of the game, create scripts that when run annotate the tables with translations from the localization tables for their various localization ids. This makes reading over these different tables significantly easier than jumping back & forth between them and the localization tables.
- NMSE (No Man's Sky Script Extender) by Gregkwaste - similar to script extenders in games like The Elder Scrolls: Skyrim, new functionality can be added through NMSE via external scripting. [NOTE: This hasn't been updated since the initial release of the game. If anyone would be interested in reviving this project, many people would be very appreciative!]
- Save Editor by Raxdiam