Bandits using spells

mcshame

Question

I've been having a really hard go getting pass the bandit camps since modding to Revisted.  The Bandits are casting all kinds of wicked spells at me and doing a great job on having me fear them.  But it's too tough as I can't even get into Bleak Falls Temple to get the Dragon Claw, as the 2 bandit camps along the way have bandit spell caster that just completely drain me, fry me, etc.

I thought the options were deselected in the generation of the ASIS patch.  I redid the generation of the patches and a new start and got the same result.

Is this as designed? If you take the enhanced bandits, this is the new norm?

3 answers to this question

Seems it wasn't a new enough start.  I took the start from post MCM menu settings.  I did a clean new character and ran into 3 bandit camps, and they all died in the hands of the to be Dragonborn.  No spells to be seen, much better.  I must have had a build where I didn't deselect the ASIS build patch options which would have included the spells.  Having that selected is just nasty! 

Organized Bandits In Skyrim is the mod making the bandits more difficult. I've never had them completely slaughter me on the way to Bleak Falls though...

Have you seen the use of spells by bandits due to Organized Bandits?  If that's the new normal, I will adapt...and do lot more running!

Edited by mcshame