Enemies with very low health

naeius

Question

Hi,

I noticed that some enemies have very low health while others seem to be ok.

as an example: Spriggans, bears, skeevers seem to be ok . I'm level 10 (playing on expert) and spriggans have around 280 health

on the other hand: fornsworn and wolves have very low health. Wolves die instantly even on a shield bash and fornsworn have all their skills @ 15 and health @ 50

Could it be that only vanilla enemies have this issue, while everything affected by immersive creatures works normally? (just guessing here)

I'm using Pure SR:LE btw. I only installed ordinator a few hours ago but this issue happened before ordinator's install.

any help is appreciated

11 answers to this question

would love it if anyone can tell me if this is normal ... all I need to know is if this is intended or not . I'm not able to know if this is how it's supposed to work if no-one answers

btw. I started a new game near Markarth and I visited the forsworn village closeby .. same thing happened: low health, I finished off a forsworn with just my Khajiit claws

Enemies start off easy and get progressively more powerful. Early game wolves are fairly easy, as are most forsworn but the briar hearts are bastards... :)

Master vampires hurt quite a lot as well. These starting enemies are essentially vanilla Skyrim except the bandits which are OBIS. Creatures from SIC / OBIS will be more difficult and as you get higher vanilla will start to catch up with HLE.

Hard to tell since you don't give very much info. Which creatures? What counts as low health?

I don't give much info? did you people read anything from my posts or you just answered to the title?

I have shown clearly what I think is a problem but it may as well be normal, I won't know unless someone verifies

I did but you only mention wolves and forsworn, is that it? Are there others? Oh I see neo already answered a few minutes before me. Though I admit shield bashing a wolf to death at lvl 10 sounds a little odd depending on skills. Though I usually play on the highest difficulty.

Here is another example I just experienced:

Started a Khajiit caravan guard outside Markarth. Since I got sacked from my job, I started wondering around until I encountered a bunch of wolves (5-6, 2 of them pups).

I had a steel dagger with which I killed them all only losing a tiny bit of health in the process (like 10% or so, was level 1 obviously)

Next I encounter a mudcrab... had to get to higher ground to soften it up before coming down to finish it 'cause there was no way to beat it one to one.

That's normal? .. I'm not so sure.

In general I find the enemies to be quite inconsistent in terms of difficulty. On my previous playthrough, I remember a certain assault by me and my 3 followers into a bandit keep.

Every bandit got killed by 1-2 blows, either by me or my followers (we all were warriors, level 11)... until we met a mage. 4 lightning shots, 4 dead assaulters... I also happened to have a resist magic 12% amulet on.

Is that normal? .. if yes, then I'm not sure I like it.

I, again, need to remind you that I use pure SR:LE with only addition being the ordinator mod which -as I already mentioned- didn't affect anything in terms of difficulty on the enemies (I do see some weird behaviour from NPCs though)

So, do you believe the above behaviour is normal? I have re-checked the installation countless of times and I can't see anything that I might have made wrong.

thanks for your time

Here is another example I just experienced:

Started a Khajiit caravan guard outside Markarth. Since I got sacked from my job, I started wondering around until I encountered a bunch of wolves (5-6, 2 of them pups).

I had a steel dagger with which I killed them all only losing a tiny bit of health in the process (like 10% or so, was level 1 obviously)

Next I encounter a mudcrab... had to get to higher ground to soften it up before coming down to finish it 'cause there was no way to beat it one to one.

That's normal? .. I'm not so sure.

In general I find the enemies to be quite inconsistent in terms of difficulty. On my previous playthrough, I remember a certain assault by me and my 3 followers into a bandit keep.

Every bandit got killed by 1-2 blows, either by me or my followers (we all were warriors, level 11)... until we met a mage. 4 lightning shots, 4 dead assaulters... I also happened to have a resist magic 12% amulet on.

Is that normal? .. if yes, then I'm not sure I like it.

I, again, need to remind you that I use pure SR:LE with only addition being the ordinator mod which -as I already mentioned- didn't affect anything in terms of difficulty on the enemies (I do see some weird behaviour from NPCs though)

So, do you believe the above behaviour is normal? I have re-checked the installation countless of times and I can't see anything that I might have made wrong.

thanks for your time

Basic mudcrabs and wolves are pretty easy to defeat on Adept difficulty. These are unchanged from vanilla (i.e. nothing in SR:LE changes these). Some wolves are added by Skyrim Immersive Creatures which are a little tougher but not overly so. If you find them overly weak, turn up your difficulty in the game options to Expert or Master. Unfortunately, this method also buffs your companions... just not you. This is something that big overhauls like Requiem and PerMa/SkyRe tried to address as it really affects many factors of the game. Bear in mind that in the SiC MCM there is a difficulty slider there too which will affect the level of enemies that you will encounter. I would suggest tweaking this to your desired level of difficulty.

Early game bandits, with the exception of bandit chiefs are not overly difficult either. Though they should be harder than the base vanilla game and have some interesting abilities. To be frank, the only "difficulty" increasing mods in SR:LE are Deadly Dragons, SiC, OBIS, and HLE. Pretty much everything else is vanilla Skyrim. The main features of SR:LE at this time are amazing graphics, bug fixes, world consistency, realism/survival gameplay, dangerous traps, better vampire and werewolf gameplay, consistent equipment stats, etc. but generally it stays about the same as vanilla Skyrim in combat difficulty without adding mods on top.

Some mods I've used in the past to ramp up difficulty: Duel - Combat Realism (General Combat) and SkyTEST (Animals). There is another guide on this forum called "SRLE Extended" which seeks to add some of these types of mods on top.

I'm personally in the process of testing Ordinator out with SR:LE, so will try and keep updated with how things progress over time. Hope this helps clear things up a bit.

Thank you for explaining this. You have done an amazing job at getting all those crazy-complex mods together. It's only natural that messing even more with the game would lead to instabilities and possible script overloads.

All I wanted to know was if what I saw was normal or if it was because of particular setup (ie. because of me). It seems that, if I want more, I need to get my hands dirty... very dirty :)

concerning the ordinator,

I'm glad you mentioned it. As I said on my previous post, I have noticed some weird behaviour on behalf of the various NPCs when I try to sneak/pickpocket around.

When I get caught; instead of the victims attacking me, they just cower in the corner shouting help or run away from me. I first noticed this when I installed ordinator and I'm only mentioning it since I've read that ordinator affects the sneak ability too.

As an example of what happens:

Bannered Mare. It's at the time when it's full of people, guards, traders, surrounding shopkeepers, etc.

I get into the corner where lurius liore is sitting and I steal a letter from his inventory.... I always get caught but what is interesting is the fact that everyone in the tavern start running around (even the guards) calling help. Lurius just draws his dagger and runs out of the tavern (anywhere but where I am). I rush to a certain NPC who is affiliate with Lurious and start hitting him... no response. After numerous hits I kill him but there is no response from the surrounding NPCs despite the tavern being full of people and guards.

I have even tried to pickpocket a very dangerous looking NPC walking the main road (shady sam) and when I get caught he draws both his swords and -after an initial attack- he also cowers shouting help or running around.

I don't know if ordinator is the cause of this but I felt I should let you know.

Note that I followed SR:LE extended instructions and put Trade and Barter exactly below Odinator's .esp (before cacos patches).. otherwise I let Loot handle the order.

Thank you for explaining this. You have done an amazing job at getting all those crazy-complex mods together. It's only natural that messing even more with the game would lead to instabilities and possible script overloads.

All I wanted to know was if what I saw was normal or if it was because of particular setup (ie. because of me). It seems that, if I want more, I need to get my hands dirty... very dirty :)

concerning the ordinator,

I'm glad you mentioned it. As I said on my previous post, I have noticed some weird behaviour on behalf of the various NPCs when I try to sneak/pickpocket around.

When I get caught; instead of the victims attacking me, they just cower in the corner shouting help or run away from me. I first noticed this when I installed ordinator and I'm only mentioning it since I've read that ordinator affects the sneak ability too.

As an example of what happens:

Bannered Mare. It's at the time when it's full of people, guards, traders, surrounding shopkeepers, etc.

I get into the corner where lurius liore is sitting and I steal a letter from his inventory.... I always get caught but what is interesting is the fact that everyone in the tavern start running around (even the guards) calling help. Lurius just draws his dagger and runs out of the tavern (anywhere but where I am). I rush to a certain NPC who is affiliate with Lurious and start hitting him... no response. After numerous hits I kill him but there is no response from the surrounding NPCs despite the tavern being full of people and guards.

I have even tried to pickpocket a very dangerous looking NPC walking the main road (shady sam) and when I get caught he draws both his swords and -after an initial attack- he also cowers shouting help or running around.

I don't know if ordinator is the cause of this but I felt I should let you know.

Note that I followed SR:LE extended instructions and put Trade and Barter exactly below Odinator's .esp (before cacos patches).. otherwise I let Loot handle the order.

I didn't get a result quite like that. I did pickpocket someone and get caught... curiously I did NOT receive a bounty but the NPC attacked me. Everyone else in the bar didn't even care I did it. I only got a bounty when I killed the guy.

Repeated the attempt, this time on a Civilian NPC. They ran away screaming after they caught me (no doubt due to ICAIO - a civilian getting bullied by an armed adventurer would run until they get cornered). Once again, no bounty. There is something odd about Ordinator and not getting a bounty for pickpocketing from what I've seen. I did see that Ordinator makes some game settings changes in this area in the esp.

I didn't get a result quite like that. I did pickpocket someone and get caught... curiously I did NOT receive a bounty but the NPC attacked me. Everyone else in the bar didn't even care I did it. I only got a bounty when I killed the guy.

Repeated the attempt, this time on a Civilian NPC. They ran away screaming after they caught me (no doubt due to ICAIO - a civilian getting bullied by an armed adventurer would run until they get cornered). Once again, no bounty. There is something odd about Ordinator and not getting a bounty for pickpocketing from what I've seen. I did see that Ordinator makes some game settings changes in this area in the esp.

Well, it's good that you get similar results, it means that I haven't completely messed up my setup.

If I may say so, I think SR:LE desperately needs one or two mods  related to gameplay. Beauty mods are nice -for those that want them- but gameplay imo should come first.

Ordinator is one such mod that can enhance SR:LE experience tenfold . I wish you can manage to figure out what is wrong in the setup as I *really* don't want to remove it from my list :/

thanks again for your work