Switching install locations/hard-drive

Kryseth

Question

4 answers to this question

MO is a "portable executable" which simply means there are no hidden settings stored elsewhere on your system, no registry settings or obscure INIs found in "My Documents" or such like.

This means all you need do is move the installation folder to the new location and either via the "Settings" tool inside MO, or with a text editor open modorganizer.ini, and ensure al the paths to the various tools you have installed are correctly set.

The actual mods, downloads and profiles you have are safely stored in those folders named accordingly.

MO is a "portable executable" which simply means there are no hidden settings stored elsewhere on your system, no registry settings or obscure INIs found in "My Documents" or such like.

This means all you need do is move the installation folder to the new location and either via the "Settings" tool inside MO, or with a text editor open modorganizer.ini, and ensure al the paths to the various tools you have installed are correctly set.

The actual mods, downloads and profiles you have are safely stored in those folders named accordingly.

So it really is that easy then. I wouldn't have thought :) I got Wrye Bash installed in the skyrim folder though. Does that program act the same way as MO and TES5Edit? Or should I just uninstall it first, then move the Skyrim folder to the new steam folder and reinstall it?