Mod Merging Subguide

Ardhes

Question

Hey guys. I need some help, during the Skyrim revisted Steps. I tried to merge my first bash patch (in the guide Even better Quest Objectives) but i am completely lost =/ I've downloaded the 306 standalone Wyrebash Version ( like recommended) and i can't find anything what the sub guide for merging patches recommends.

Place the files to be merged at the bottom of the load order in the right pane then run Merge Plugins Standalone.

So what does this mean, should i put the 4 mods i want to merge on the bottom of the plugin list in MO, cuz in WryeBash i cant find a right pane. I thought LOOt will put up the load order and i shouldnn't mess with it myself. Next thing: Run Merge plugin Standalone ( is that the wryebash app in MO?) Sry feeling stupid right now ^^

On the "Select Profile" window, select "SkyrimProfile" then click [Ok].

There is no "Select Profile" window in Wrye bash, at least i cant find it...

If this is the first time running the application, click the cog icon and configure as shown below then click [Ok].

Well when i run the settings, i get a drop down menu like in every Win App, but the subguide posted some pics of 3 ConfigWindows with General, merging tabs and so on. I dont have these.

I am pretty sure, i have the correct Wrye Bash version downloaded as i mentioned before, but still can't follow the orders. Any Help is highly appreciated, i tried to understand the general Wrye bash readme, but tbh i can't really get into it (again feeling stupid)

7 answers to this question

Move the noted esps to the bottom of the right pane in Mod Organizer before you run Wrye Bash. The reason you need to do this is because all the mods that are to be merged must be next to each other so it's easier to just move them to bottom.

Hey guys. I need some help, during the Skyrim revisted Steps. I tried to merge my first bash patch (in the guide Even better Quest Objectives) but i am completely lost =/ I've downloaded the 306 standalone Wyrebash Version ( like recommended) and i can't find anything what the sub guide for merging patches recommends.

Place the files to be merged at the bottom of the load order in the right pane then run Merge Plugins Standalone.
So what does this mean, should i put the 4 mods i want to merge on the bottom of the plugin list in MO, cuz in WryeBash i cant find a right pane. I thought LOOt will put up the load order and i shouldnn't mess with it myself. Next thing: Run Merge plugin Standalone ( is that the wryebash app in MO?) Sry feeling stupid right now ^^
On the "Select Profile" window, select "SkyrimProfile" then click [Ok].
There is no "Select Profile" window in Wrye bash, at least i cant find it...
If this is the first time running the application, click the cog icon and configure as shown below then click [Ok].
Well when i run the settings, i get a drop down menu like in every Win App, but the subguide posted some pics of 3 ConfigWindows with General, merging tabs and so on. I dont have these.

I am pretty sure, i have the correct Wrye Bash version downloaded as i mentioned before, but still can't follow the orders. Any Help is highly appreciated, i tried to understand the general Wrye bash readme, but tbh i can't really get into it (again feeling stupid)

Move the noted esps to the bottom of the right pane in Mod Organizer before you run Wrye Bash. The reason you need to do this is because all the mods that are to be merged must be next to each other so it's easier to just move them to bottom.

Repeat after me: Wrye Bash does not merge plugin files.

Merge Plugins Standalone merges plugin files.

I suggest re-reading the various sections, a little slower this time. :)

• +1 1

Um, yes it can but it is very restricted to certain signatures and can have some issues with certain plugins.

While technically you are correct, this post is trying to merge Even Better Quest Objectives, etc. which does not, by any standard, meet that criteria. In fact I've only found 2 or 3 plugins that actually met the limited scope of WB merging.

Repeat after me: Wrye Bash does not merge plugin files.

Merge Plugins Standalone merges plugin files.

I suggest re-reading the various sections, a little slower this time. :)

Aaaah my bad. That was the information i was missing ^^ i didn't install Merge plugin's, that's why i was totally confused, will try it tomorrow and give you some feedback if i managed to do it. Thanks guys!