Windows keeps reading the MO directory

Pillendreher

Question

I've noticed something quite weird happening after starting my pc. After a few moments Windows starts pushing my HDD to its limits with reading the whole mod organizer directory (specifially the svchost.exe process) - since the whole directory contains over 140.000 files, it takes quite some time for Windows to finish this (while this is happening, I can't use MO because there are no plugins loaded in the right panel; Windows keeps reading the directory even though I'm not running MO mind you). Is this normal or is something messed up with my configuration?

4 answers to this question

I have never noticed anything like this.

I have ~60k, 72GB, files under my MO folder. It's installed in a secondary drive.

Do you have a major windows update pending? Windows Defender and other file system services use the service for a host, could not help it, of services.

Out of curiosity what version of windows are you using?

You might run Process Explorer and Process Monitor to get the properties on the svchost.exe instance that's hammering the Mod Organizer folder to find out which service this is coming from. The most likely suspects are antivirus software or the Windows Search crawler indexing all the files, although the Windows Search crawler should be throttled (low access) if you are using the computer.