iNeed/Dangerous Diseases related issue

Shadriss

Question

Love the mod, love the idea... and just came across a problem. I use the Dangerous Diseases addon, which is supposed to remove all cure diseas potions from the world and replace them with potions specific to the disease you have. I've run across a problem with regards to those...

A) You can still craft said Cure Disease potions... though they don't work, nor should they by the description. Why even have these still craftable?

B) No specific disease potions exist, so far as I can tell. Never run across even one.

This leaves me shelling out septims to the priests/priestesses, which isn't always a bad thing, but if a second option is supposed to exist, then why doesn't it? Any feedback from other users of this mod and addon would be appreciated.

EDIT: Checked in TES5Edit via 'Show Conflict Losers', and nothing overwrites either of them there. Does the add-on, perhaps, not work as intended?

Edited by Shadriss

8 answers to this question

The basic potion "cure disease" should be replaced by "cure vampire sanguinaris". This is the only one that will appear in loots. Which make sense imo, as the almost single case when you find them consistently in vanilla is on Silver Hand's pockets. And silver hands have those, as well as ingredients to craft them, in order to preven themselves to become vampires as far as I see it.

The other case when you find cure disease potions in vanilla are mostly hand-placed in dungeons. There is few of them in comparisons to others.

To find other iNeed's potions, the only way I found with the base mod is on alchemists sale list. They usually have about 3 or 4 differents kind of "potion of cure XXX", 1 or 2 of each. 

But I feel you, as someone who put a lot of economical challenges to his game, paying the priests is sometimes impossible, and since the disease can lock your camera when you're completely sick, it's almost game-breaking if the nearest alchemist don't have the potion you need.

I had two patches sometimes ago, but lost them while re-installing iNeed sadly (they were in the same MO folder, and I clicked "replace"... shouldn't have done that...). The first was to distribute potions more frequently accross the world (in "common" merchants sale list mainly, and in some bandit lists). The other intented to fix an issue with a carriage mod that replace the carriage travels by fast-travels behind the scene, thus preventing iNeed to detect a carriage travel, and instead putting all your needs in the red. But I never knew if it actually worked, so it's not a big loss xD

I might redo the first one if I re-play iNeed in the near-future (currently using a no-needs profile, focusing on questing / dungeoning instead of survivalism). I'll upload it somewhere if I do. 

Last point : Remember that vigilants of stendarr can also cure your diseases if you find them along your travels.

Edited by Kesta

All good info, but ignores a single large facet - alchemy made cures. I gather huge amounts of alchemical ingrediants, and craft the heck out of them when I get back... which includes, generally, a large number of the Cure Disease. Why these were not altered/removed is one of my big questions... at this point, they are no more than a few septims in my pocket... not always useful.

I have found a few of the specific cures, though... the game must have found out I posted about it.

That does sound like a problem though - you can no longer craft potions to cure diseases, yet you can still craft "cure disease" potions that do nothing.  Sounds like a design issue - did you mention this to Isoku?  Has anyone else mentioned this to him on the Nexus?  In the past I saw that Isoku seemed pretty aware of constructive feedback.

That's known and expected. The remaining issue relates to the ability to craft something that doesn't work as originally intended. After doing some more research, the 'Cure Disease' potion is now used to cure the Vampire disease, so it isn't useless. However, since I can craft one, I should be able to craft all disease curing potions.

It's largely irrelevant to me anymore, since I've removed that portion of the mod. I like it's concept, but not at the cost of common sense. Also, with Krypt's new alchemy mod, I avoid a ton of conflicts by removing it.

Hoping the Mod Author responds, even though it's been years since this was started. I'm having references to "Cure (name of disease) Potions" even though I've removed both DD and iNeeds with MO2 "Remove Mod", and started a new game. It's conflicting with the Diseases Overhaul I want to use. Can you tell me why references are still persisting in a new game with no mods or plugins related to DD? Please help me remove the references from my new game.