initializing python failed..

TremplarsGlory

Question

Hello people, I have just started using MO just downloaded skse and thats it, 
but there is a warning sign that keeps showing and it's telling me initializing python failed,
once i press on it to see what the problem might be it tells me " There is no fix guide" for the problem, clicking it once more leads me to this: Sorry, I don't know any details. Most likely your python installation is not supported. Do you have any idea about how i am able to pass this problem?

I'd Really be happy if someone could help me out on this one, I've been trying to figure this out for a long time now.

9 answers to this question

As mentioned already, Python is not needed to run MO. The only plugin that uses it is the 'INI Configurator' and since MO provides a simple Python install for it when you install MO itself, nothing extra is needed.

Your best bet is to redo your MO install afresh to remove any errors that may have happened before.

Grab the latest archive version of MO and extract the contents to a location of your choosing.

Run the MO executable once to generate any INI files and folders needed and then move your previous 'mods', 'downloads' & 'profiles' folders into this new install, or simply edit the 'Settings' to point to those locations if you like.

Python is only currently necessary for the MO Configurator plugin for your INI files to work.

I see, But is there anything that you recommend me to do here at the moment? 

Im still really new to this kind of trying to understand it all, 

Thank you for your fast reply.

Python is only currently necessary for the MO Configurator plugin for your INI files. If you have no use for that, don't worry about it.

My guess is that Python will work if you run as admin. I had that issue, and it was some kind of permissions issue that only a OS reinstall fixed.

Oh, Sorry didnt catch the last thing you wrote, I will give that a go, Thank you once more.

UPDATE**

Okay here i go im trying again, Python is installed and everything is the way it suppose to be, ( I think atleast) 

I tried running my MO instead of starting up with a warning it gave me this before the start up:
error failed to initialize plugin C:/Users/User/Desktop/ModOrganizer/Plugins/pyCfg.py: ValueError: C:/Users/User/Desktop/ModOrganizer/plugins/pyCfg.py : No such file

Any ideas? Anyone that knows what the issue might be here? My problem still remains im not able to run my mods until i fix this.. 

On 9/21/2015 at 9:21 PM, DoubleYou said:

Python is only currently necessary for the MO Configurator plugin for your INI files. If you have no use for that, don't worry about it.

My guess is that Python will work if you run as admin. I had that issue, and it was some kind of permissions issue that only a OS reinstall fixed.

Just leaving this here for posterity if anyone else has this same issue- running it as administrator fixed it for me. Thank you!