Newby questions

pk2809

Question

Hi, after installing SR LE for the 3rd time -I needed many many hours- (I identified many errors I did before as I am not used to modding) and being pretty sure I didn't do an error this time, I still have massive issues making the game impossible to play. Besides some minor bugs that occur sometimes (like I couldn't take Gunjars stuff in helgen and was blocked, or that some alternatives from live another life just doesn't work), I also have major issues, like very low FPS insides (2-3 FPS). So first question: are the "minor bugs" I mentioned above just normal as you can't play without bugs with such a modded game or is it because I did something wrong (Don't asking how to fix it I'll find out alone)?

And: are the "major issues" related to my system or is it because I did something wrong again?

My system:

Win10

I5 4670k

Amd r9 280x (3go of DDR5)

8Go RAM clocked at 1600 MHz

Motherboard: MSI H87-G43 GAMING

Thank you for your help your, awesome mod compilation (which I would love to enjoy :D), and awesome community, and sorry for my bad English :/

Final question: when I tried to run FNIS (I installed it very carefully reading as much documentation and looking at the vids from gamerpoets so this time I'm sure it's well installed) and an OS pop up told me that an hkx file was missing in the skyrim data folder... Isn't FNIS supposed to look only in the virtual data folder created by MO? So I looked for the sale named hkx file inside the mod files from MO and pasted it into the data folder --> was it complete crap what I've done (I found nothing in forums that mentioned this problem)? Is it related to the fact that I followed the step guide to revert to a pristine vanilla game (without a zip archive deleting files then restoring them with verify game came tool from steam)?

Edited by pk2809

4 answers to this question

If you are using any of the guides here in STEP there should be no need to re-install Steam/Skyrim after any attempts to mod them. Since MO is the manager of choice none of the vanilla files will be affected and you should be able to just delete your current profile and start afresh.

I haven't played Skyrim in a while, so I'm not sure about your minor issues, but you shouldn't be sitting at 2-3 FPS inside, even with SR:LE (with that hardware). Perhaps you did something wrong with the memory section of the ENB? Also, what is your resolution?

Are you runing FNIS from within MO? (i.e. have you added it as an executable?)

Remove whichever file you pasted into the Data folder and have a look at the dedicated FNIS -- MO forum we have here in STEP.

FNIS run from inside MO will only use the animations you have installed and active in the current profile. The most common mistake is to not have these animation mods active.

I took a look at the ENB section and everything seems ok... For the calculation I did 3072-win8 memory (dunno if it's the same than win10)... Resolution is FHD I don't play in extreme definitions.... And for FNIS it runs inside MO no doubt about that as far as I know how to run all the other executables needed for the purpose of neos guide. Although outsides I am at like 30 FPS at the lowest and have no stuttering so I don't think that the ENB memory section is the matter. I guess I should try a fourth time from zero reinstalling skyrim with steam after uninstalling it... Have a long way in front of me :p

Edited by pk2809