Installers will not show up When running Wrye Bash through MO.

marieruth

Question

Hi, I've run into an issue recently with Wrye Bash when running through MO. I apologize if this isn't the right place to put it, but unfortunately the content seemingly involved wouldn't be approved on the Nexus. I only use the two files within the Bash installers folder in order to generate files to use as replacers within Oblivion.

post-7224-0-71300400-1439863263_thumb.png

Everything was displaying and working fine before, but now it isn't. For the error message I looked into the mods folders to see if the file was missing or not, and it's there. I'm not a seasoned Wrye Bash user, I've only started consistently using it recently. Even when using Full Refresh, nothing displays, and I'm not sure what else I could try.

So if someone could help this Wrye Bash newbie, that'd be appreciated. :)

6 answers to this question

I'm not really sure what it is you are trying to do.

Why is there a need to use the WB installers option if you use MO to manage your mods?

Because whenever I try to start up a BAIN installer through MO, only the manual options come up, not the actual BAIN installer.

Fair enough.

Ok, firstly ensure your 'bash.ini' has the correct setting for that folder to be used for installing mods. Make sure the comment mark (;) is removed from the beginning of the line.

sOblivionMods=C:\<path_to_location>\Oblivion Mods

Next whenever WB's 'Installer' tab is accessed for the first time a dialogue will show asking if you want to enable installers, if you have already said yes you will need to use the context menu on that tab by 'right-click' -- "Enabled" and then wait for WB to run through all the locations it expects mods to be found. Those mods should now be displayed in the tab.

Fair enough.

Ok, firstly ensure your 'bash.ini' has the correct setting for that folder to be used for installing mods. Make sure the comment mark (;) is removed from the beginning of the line.

sOblivionMods=C:\<path_to_location>\Oblivion Mods

Next whenever WB's 'Installer' tab is accessed for the first time a dialogue will show asking if you want to enable installers, if you have already said yes you will need to use the context menu on that tab by 'right-click' -- "Enabled" and then wait for WB to run through all the locations it expects mods to be found. Those mods should now be displayed in the tab.

I have 'Enabled' already selected

I made the change in bash_default.ini like so: (I couldn't find a bash.ini...)

[General]

;--sOblivionMods is an alternate root directory for Bash Installers and other
;    Bash data.  Putting it under the game's install directory can cause
;    performance problems during gameplay, so by default it is placed at the
;    same level as the game folder.  Here are the Oblivion and Skyrim defaults,
;    and two other examples.
;sOblivionMods=..\Oblivion Mods
;sOblivionMods=..\Skyrim Mods
;sOblivionMods=C:\Games\Oblivion Mods
;sOblivionMods=C:\Steam\SteamApps\common\Skyrim Mods
sOblivionMods=D:\Steam\SteamApps\Common\Oblivion Mods

I should also ask, do you mind providing a list of the mods that you find problematic with the BAIN installation in MO and we can see if something further can be done to improve that feature?

I think now after messing around within the Installers tab, the issue is that at some point some or none of the packages display for some reason.

When I first added the packages to the Bash Installers folder, they displayed and I was able to install them through with a wizard with no problems at all. And the only two mods I've installed through WB are here and here.

I downloaded and put a new mod into Bash Installers folder to see if I would yield any results similar to how I was able to see the first two mods when I first added. It is a .7z archive like the rest of them, all three installers are.

The new package doesn't show up in the list where the other packages are. The bottom-right of the screen says "Packages: 2/3" though, so it seems like the program knows it's there.

One thing I've had to resort to since having issues with the installers not displaying is enabling and disabling options in the context menu, specifically these ones, in order to get the packages to display in the list of installers:

SaSImGG.png

I know I've enabled/disabled 'Show BSA Conflicts' multiple times when running WB through MO, 'Anneal All' works too. For now, the third package has not displayed at all with all the fiddling I've done within the installers tab so far.

I've no idea why I'm getting the missing files error messages, but it doesn't freeze or crash the program, and the mods that are usually associated to the error messages have been functional so far, so I'm not worried about it for now.

Oh and the third package is this, if you need to know.

Also, sorry for this longwinded indirect answer to your question. I thought maybe it would be helpful information if I'm being unclear.

Sorry, that was my mistake, you need to invoke the context menu and choose: 'Refresh Data'.

As for the "bash.ini", you need to make a copy of the default ini and rename it so your specific changes are applied, the documentation for WB is very good and I encourage you to acquaint yourself with it.