ENB Dots... Matrix

MysticDaedra

Question

Said "Matrix" because they seem to form a matrix pattern...

Anyhow, I've tried all the various fixes stated around the Internet, nothing is removing the crosshatching. My iBlurDefferedShadows=3, I've reset the graphics settings and everything, nothing seems to be working. Briefly went into enbseries.ini, but closed it before I started mucking things up. Any help would be very much appreciated!

EDIT: Neglected to add my PC specs. See below.

CPU: i5 2500K @ 4.5 GHz

Motherboard: MSI Z68A-GD55-B3

HDD: Two (2) 2 TB HDD, One (1) 150GB HDD

GPU: MSI GTX760 2GB OC Gaming Edition

Memory: 14GB G.Skill RipjawsX

Edited by MysticDaedra

7 answers to this question

Seems I spoke too soon. Loaded my game back up after taking a short break, and the dots have reappeared. I launch (of course) through MO, using SKSE and all that good stuff; is it still possible that the settings were automatically changed by the program somehow? Gonna go take a look at the ini in a bit to see if the changes I made are still there.

EDIT: Swtiched from third person to first person. Dots disappeared. Switched back to third person, dots are still gone. I am thoroughly confused now. Is one of my UI/camera mods conflicting somehow? I followed Neovalen's SR:LE guide to the letter, only changes are that I followed Phazer11's pack to get Perkus Maximus working with it.

Edited by MysticDaedra

Never seen random dots, do you have other games to test? Maybe graphics overheat?

Running MSI Afterburner on the other screen (can't get the statistics server to work with quite a few games), shows a max of 71c on my GPU. Updating OP btw with PC specs; might put them in my signature too. 71c is a bit hot for my GPU, but I am blaming that for sure on dust build-up, need to blow out the case again. 

All that being said: When playing The Witcher: 3 my GPU heats up to around 80c, AND that was before I upgraded to Windows 10, haven't messed with too many games since the upgrade. Either way those temps are well within the safety zone of the card; cooler is definitely ideal, but those temps shouldn't be screwing anything up.

EDIT: Most advice regarding this issue seems to be related to ENB interacting in an unusual way with a specific SkyrimPrefs.ini setting, iBlurDeferredShadowMask. I have followed all the advice on the internet, much of which has helped other people apparently. For me, none of these tweaks seem to be doing anything, except the occasional setting adjusting graphics quality one way or the other. As I posted earlier, I found that by switching from Third Person to First Person, then back again, I can temporarily remove the dots. If I fast-travel, wait, sleep, etc., SOMETIMES the dots reappear. Most often when fast-traveling, or going through ANY loading screen; seems to be about a 50% chance of the dots appearing when going from internal to external, or external to internal.

Edited by MysticDaedra