Python issue

demonslayer5545

Question

I was using windows 8 for a while and everything was great. I just upgraded to 10 and had some issues with steam so I just reinstalled Skyrim. I got MO 1.2.18 and I couldn't move the unofficial skyrim patch to the top priority and it wasn't bold. Some googling, it said it was due to old version of MO. I check Nexus and see 1.3.8 so I get it. Now, I can move the patch and stuff but it says python27.dll not found. I can clearly see python27.dll in the MO folder... I try to set directory and it doesn't work. So I installed python 2.7 32 bit and pointed the directory that way via plugins menu and still nothing. Also tried Python 64 bit. I am at a loss on how to fix this ~_~!

Thanks for any help guys!

3 answers to this question

I removed the ENTIRE Skyrim folder and just redownloaded it, thus removing the MO folder. Also did uninstall via MO and deleted the residual file or two. I'm on 1.3.8 and just ignoring it, but it kinda bugs having the little warning up there. I've tried installing via installer and the prepackaged .7z

After you have re-installed Steam and your game(s), I suggest installing MO outside of the actual game folder structure. There is no need for it to be directly inside the structure as MO can be configured to look anywhere.

Create a dedicated folder elsewhere, perhaps called X:\Games\Tools\ and install MO there. Grab the archive version of MO and just drag/drop the contents into this folder and run it from there. The new ini files will be generated and you should not have any calls to Python again. If you do please provide full details about permissions to those folders in the post.

The actual calls to Python are from the Qt code used by MO, not actually by MO itself so there can't be any changes made by @Tannin to fix how it is found, it just comes down to how your system is looking for it. Lastly the need to install Python isn't needed as MO is now shipped with a basic Python installation in the MO root folder.