Floating NPCs

ExcellentAmp

Question

I was just wondering if anyone could make suggestions as to what may be causing this phenomenon. I followed the STEP guide to the letter with mod installation and patches. I also did all of the ini tweaks as well but I can't figure out why some NPCs start to glitch all over the place. I've gotten stuck in Embershard Mine on the bridge and I've seen enemies/npcs floating in mid air or simply just flying away. I'm not the most tech savvy individual but I think I have mostly everything installed properly. No crashes or freezes but only played up until heading to Bleak Falls Barrow

Edited by ExcellentAmp

2 answers to this question

Verify you installed XPMS 1.94 (not Groovtama's XPMS Extended) with the STEP recommended instructions. Make sure you've installed Fore's New Idles (FNIS) properly and that you ran GenerateFNIS_for_Users to generate the animation files according to the STEP recommendations. Finally, if you install STEP Extended, verify you don't have Realistic Ragdolls and Force installed.

Have you installed any additional mods beyond STEP Core or STEP Extended?

EDIT: This may be unrelated, but you may want to verify you have enabled VSync in enblocal.ini. This ini file should be in the Skyrim folder (typically C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Skyrim).

[ENGINE]
EnableVSync=true
VSyncSkipNumFrames=0