SkSE interactions with MO

Shahriar

Question

Please can you explain how MO and SKSE work with each other ? I mean if I have installed one tweak through MO , and the main game as well, then change the .ini from the main game directory, which version is MO going to run ?

Also I have the HDT plugin installed both on the main directory and through MO, so if I install another HDT mod that will replace the skse plugins through MO , how is it supposed to work ? Will the game still run the original hdt xml or the replaced ones ?

4 answers to this question

Mod Organizer use the Skyrim.ini and SkyrimPrefs.ini in the Mod Organizer/profiles/{profile} folder so that the vanilla INI files remain unaltered. If you need to edit either INI file, do so through Mod Organizer's INI Editor.

By the same token, Mod Organizer uses the skse.ini file in the Mod Organizer/mods/SKSE/SKSE folder. You can edit the SKSE.ini file by double clicking the SKSE mod in the left pane in Mod Organizer, select the INI Files tab, click SKSE/SKSE.ini if it isn't already selected, and edit the text in the big pane on the right side of the tab.

You should install SKSE plugins through Mod Organizer. If you look at the STEP 2.2.9.1 instructions, you'll see that Stable uGrids to Load, RaceMenu, Double Cursor Fix, Enchantment Reload Fix, Fuz Ro D-oh - Silent Voice, etc. are all SKSE plugins installed through Mod Organizer.

The only items installed into the main game folder are primarily extensions that must be installed in the Skyrim folder outside of the Data folder -- ENB, ENB presets, and the SKSE executables. Pretty much everything else is installed through Mod Organizer.