Help!

Asimov

Question

Ok so the thing that I was afraid of happened. I ****ed my game up some how. I have not played all week, these are the things I did this morning before I tried to play.

I changed my shadows in the Pref.ini file.

I downloaded and installed both Imaginator and the Complete Crafting Overhaul and installed both.

I tried to run the game but was told SKSE was out of date.

I downloaded the newest version and installed that.

I then noticed that I hadn't deleted the older version, so I just deleted everything that had SKSE in the front of the file name.

I then reput the SKSE files back into the Skyrim directory.

I tried running the game but it would just open the small DOS screen nothing would be written in it. And Skyrim wouldn't load.

I then deleted the SKSE file in data...that I saw had an issue when SKSE wrote in the read me.

Now it still won't load and I went and reconfirmed Skyrim with Steam and Steam said it was fine.

I really really just want to play. I worked hard all week and this was suppose to be my reward to myself :( :wallbash: :wallbash: :wallbash:

Please help!

I have tried unloading all of the mods and also deleting all the SKSE files and I still can't load even directly from STEAM.

11 answers to this question

Never mod without a vanilla backup! If steam is telling you all the files are verified you should be able to run skyrimlauncher.exe and tesv.exe. What happens when you run them? First thing to try is delete all files in skyrim folder except those 2 exe's and then reverify. If that doesn't work delete all the files in your \Documents\My Games\Skyrim directory and then run skyrimlauncher and click options and set up skyrim. If that still doesnt work, its full uninstall reinstall time, and this time make a backup.

Ok this is tricky, although the solution will probably be simple if we can find it! :P

I have to work tonight so can only offer limited help right now but just to clarify the issue:

"I then deleted the SKSE file in data..." ?What file would this be? I'm not aware of an SKSE file in the Data folder.

What version of Skyrim are you patched to? 1.5.26.x is the latest I know of.

check that the SKSE version matches == skse_1_5_26.dll. Also right click TESV.exe in the /Skyrim directory and select 'properties' check the 'Details' tab for the file version.

If you have tried to run the game with skse_loader.exe there should be 3 .log files in /Skyrim directory, it might be worth looking at these for any clues as to where the problem hit.

Do you use ScriptDragon (eg. for the iHUD plugin)? - the latest version of that only supports Skyrim 1.5.24.x at the moment so another potential problem there.

If you get back with this info I'll try to wrack my brains :)

Steam will do it for you, its one of its only really useful features. In steam, library, right click skyrim and select options, select local file tab and backup is the first button. It'll take a while cause your backing up 9GB, a faster way is to go inside the skyrim directory and select everything except the data directory right click and from the 7zip menu select add to 7z, then do the same in your

\Documents\My Games\Skyrim directory and you'll have a couple nice small vanilla backups.

TESV.exe brings me to the launcher...then I launch the game, but my pc just thinks for a second and then doesn't do anything.

Ok so I followed frihyland's advice and it looks like I can launch the game now.

I followed STEP and didn't do much else, do I need to do anything in that directory other than the main SKSE and Script Dragon updates? Does this affect my WyreBash install? Do my Pref.ini stay in place or does STEAM overwrite those?

Ok, so I installed script dragon and the newest version of SKSE and it does not load now.

Ok after trial and error it looks list script dragon is not allowing the game to load. Any idea's? So Bealdwine am I out of luck till get updates for something? I am patched to 1.5.26.0

everytime steam patches skyrim it tends to set your ini's back to the default, wrye bash won't be affected at all unless you deleted the mopy directory. Make a backup as mentioned above and then install skse 1.04.15 (SD has not been updated yet).

Ok so I installed script dragon and the newest version of SKSE and it does not load now.[hr']

Ok after trial and error it looks list script dragon is not allowing the game to load. Any idea's? So Bealdwine am I out of luck till get updates for something? I am patched to 1.5.26.0

Doh! I did say... ;)

Just check which mods use ScriptDragon and disable them and remove SD until it gets updated. Tbh if it wasn't for iHUD I wouldn't use SD at all.

Yup.

Help.

I'm no newbie to any of it. I'm no kid. I've played TES for a long long time. Love how open the games are for modding and have been loving that part especially since Morrowind. However, this hot mess is a pain. I'm loving how large the community has become but I am having a hell of a time even finding a channel or place to chat with other users that are trying to install and run STEP. I'm a late adopter. I just reinstalled stuff again and again until it worked for the last 3 years but I'm sick of it and I want one install to rule them all. MO is amazing and I have all of the data downloaded. New box, ssd, overclocked, 0ms monitor. I am ready. I can see the finish line but I'm just not quite there. Looking for a skyrim support group I guess.

post-5628-0-87397900-1416813705_thumb.jpg