Black texture + stutter

alpham21

Question

231 mods just so we know. But I just want to verify or at least confirm this is the good chance Im seeing black textures after a little bit of gameplay with stutter.

Lack of memory and VGA being worked too hard?

Ive used the STEP program but wanted to get other mods on to push my system to see where I stand. I use RealVision ENB. My memory will hit over 7megs, which I have 8. My VGA card will max out using nexus monitor. My guess is this would be the cause of black texture and stutter? Game runs great on start for a bit but after a little bit this happens.

I am getting 8 more on memory and the upgrade from GTX 770 2gb to GTX 970 4gb? This should help a lot Im thinking.

Any ideas

Thanks

2 answers to this question

Black textures mean the texture was never loaded, which means you are out of memory. The game simply could not load all assets in a timely manner, hence a black model was rendered. Most likely a CTD will follow soon after since it sort of corresponds to the game expecting something to be in memory which is not there. And programs never like when they look for something in memory that is not there. 

thanks for the help. Thought so, memory arrives tomorrow, should bump me up to 16, video card today which will put me at 4gb, GTX 770 to a GTX 970 which Ive seen awesome reviews for the new games coming out specially skyrim. So Im excited to see what I can push next lol.