RS Children Merge- assistance needed with copying mod assets

peppergomez

Question

This is the post-merge step that's needed:

• The merge script does not appear to copy the facegen data files properly for this merge. Manually copy mod assets to the merge directory in order.

I notice that indeed the meshes and textures>actors folders are empty.

My question is this:

I have several RS Children mod folders:

- Books of Skyrim Patch

- RS Children Overhaul

- Patch for Falskaar

- Patch for Wrymstooth

I am guessing that I will need to copy>paste the assets in the meshes, textures>actors folders into those folders in RS Children Merge. But I'm not sure of what order I should do so. And I want to verify that this is indeed what I should do.

Thanks.

4 answers to this question

If you installed all those as separate mods, then yes. Copy the asset from the folders from top to bottom in order. For me they are in two mod folders, "RS Children Overhaul" and "RS Children Patches". But installing all those as separate folder is fine too.

• +1 1

You copy the assets in the order of the mods as they are listed in the left pane (top to bottom) as lower placed mods overwrite the assets of higher placed mods. Your newly created merged mod should be placed under RS Children then the mods from whence the assets came can be unchecked.

OK so this order I am guessing, based on the left pane in MO:

RS Children Overhaul

Books of Skyrim patch

Merged Complete and USKP

Patch for Falskaar

Patch for Wyrmstooth

PS Not the meta config file I assume, just the meshes and textures folders

Also, the RSChildren Merged Complete and USKP.esp doesn't have any meshes or textures folders in its folder, so there's nothing to copy in that case it looks like.

Edited by peppergomez