Sanity check need re: using DDSOPT when optimizing Falskaar and Wrymstooth textures

peppergomez

Question

Do I just need to optimize the textures folder for each mod, or are there normal maps as well? The steps presented here for each seem identical, so I'm not sure what I'd do: https://wiki.step-project.com/User:Neovalen/Skyrim_Revisited_-_Legendary_Edition/DDSOpt_Processing

I did this: created a folder called "optimized textures" in the Falskaar folder, and used that as my output folder for DDSOPT. Made a backup of the original textures folder elsewhere on my drive, then pasted the optimzed dds files into the original textures folder in the Falskaar folder. Then deleted the "optimized textures" folder.

The Textures folder in my Falskaar folder now has the optimized dds textures and the original n and msn dds files. I've confirmed that the file size is smaller by -+ 40MB.

In MO, I have refreshed my mod list. But it's not necessary for me to drag the newly created  <Mod Name> Optimized into MO because I never created a duplicate folder for the entire Falskaar mod, I just replaced the dds files (not the n and msn dds files) in the textures folder, then refreshed.

Is this okay?

Edited by peppergomez

0 answers to this question

There have been no answers to this question yet