SkyProc patcher not working correctly

Halde

Question

Hi all!

So after installing the newest version of DSR, I obviously wanted to run the patch. The patching itself runs smoothly. When it's done it creates af folder called "Dual Sheath Redux Patch". In this folder is two more folder called "Files" and "SkyProcDebug". In the Files folder is a file called "tmp.esp". This .esp does not show up in load order after creating and activating the mod. And the old "Dual Sheath Redux Patch.esp" seems to not exist anymore. In the SkyProcDebug file is a .txt file called "Debug Overview" in which this is stated:

[159]                               [Mod Export]  Exporting Dual Sheath Redux Patch.esp
[160]                              [Consistency]  Exporting Consistency file.
[161]                                      [sUM]  Closing program after successfully running patch.

And yet "Dual Sheath Redux Patch.esp" is never created.

As a result it seems, my Skyrim does not, ingame, recognize a DSR patch. 

I would greatly appreciate it if someone could shed some light on this matter.

~Sincerely
Halde

11 answers to this question

It sounds like you might be having trouble with file access rights.

tmp.esp shouldn't be the end result of the patching process. That file should be deleted and the new Dual Sheath Redux Patch.esp should exist in that folder in it's place.

Have been able to use DSR before?

If yes, then the Dual Sheath Redux Patch.esp will probably be found in the active mod you created the last time DSR was run.

If no, then perhaps you will need to look at removing UAC restrictions from the mods folder or even moving MO to another less-restrictive folder.

I have previously used it with great success many times. The access thing makes sense. I have previously had trouble deleting mods due to restricted access. I will try it later, thank you!

Edited by Halde

Update:

I moved the ModOrganizer folder from my desktop to my Skyrim folder. In this process, MO decided, for some reason, to untick all my mods and change their priority to their alphabetical name (aMidianborn mods received the priority 2-7 for instance). So I had to run through the guide and change them all back to the correct order. Anywho, after this minor nuisance, the patcher can no longer recognize my Skyrim.esm and Update.esm masters, even though they are clearly listed in plugins, and the Dual Sheath Redux.esp plugin doesn't have a missing masters error. I have the cleaned Update.esm in my installation order as priority 2, after Distant Decal Fix. I don't know if this matters though. 

Please help!

Moving MO from the desktop to your Skyrim folder, which presumably is in Program Files(x86)\Steam, will be a backward step. There will be more UAC restrictions in that folder than on desktop.

You haven't detailed how you moved it but as for the listing of your plugins, inside each profile folder are several *.txt files that are used to list your plugins, mods, their load order, whether they are locked, etc., regardless of where MO is placed it looks to that folder and reads those files. Did you copy the entire MO folder along with those profiles? You should have.

Could you also look at answering my last question from the previous post?

Edited by GrantSP

I moved my Steam folder out of Program Files a long time ago. My Steam folder is located directly in my (C:) drive.

Well I just Ctrl c and Ctrl v to copy it the entire ModOrganizer directory. It doesn't matter much, I fixed the order manually.

I deleted the previous version of the mod. I downloaded a newer version and installed that. That is the one that won't create the .esp, although now the problem is that the patcher itself won't recognize my Skyrim.esm and Update.esm. However previous versions of the mod also will not regonize the .esm

Edited by Halde

Okay, good, that should get rid of any UAC issues.

Make sure the current DSR settings in MO's executables list are pointing to the correct newly installed DSR.

I'm assuming you still have the same Java setup as before so there should be no need to revisit those.

What exactly do you mean by:

the patcher itself won't recognize my Skyrim.esm and Update.esm.

How are you determining that?

Well 1 sec after I hit the "Patch" button, a message pops up, that says :

"skyproc.exceptions.MissingMaster:

Dual Sheath Redux.esp has som missing masters:

- Skyrim.esm

- Update.esm

Please activate them and try again"

I simply don't know why this happens since it's not even possible to deactivate those two plugins in MO. I also cannot know if the old issue with tmp.esp persist, because I can't even get the patch completed due to this. Furthermore, when I mouseover the plugin in the right pane in MO it states:

"Enabled Masters: Skyrim.esm, Update.esm"

I've changed the settings for the DSR patch each time I've tried installing it, to make sure it matched the new (but identical) mod. I also did this with the old version I attempted to use, with no more luck.

Edited by Halde

Can someone please post their Dual Sheath Redux Patch (the one in the Overwrite mod after you run patcher) directory tree? I read that I just needed to rename tmp.esp to Dual Sheath Redux Patch.esp, but I think the tree is wrong. It is currently located in the subfolder "Files", but when I create the mod, it doesn't get loaded as a plugin in the right pane. I think it might be in too deep? It's in the 3rd folder.

UPDATE:

So I tried moving around with the renamed Dual Sheath Redux Patch.esp, and while it previously was in DSR Ouput/SkyPatchers/Dual Sheath Redux Patch/Files, it is now directly in DSR Output.

I hope this fixes it, I will report back when I have given it a spin.

Edited by Halde