Is it okay to remove unneeded mod files via the Filetree tab after a full install?

peppergomez

Question

Before I begin this one, I am noticing that I'm adding a ton of new posts to this forum. If that's bad form then I can post these to the general support thread that exists for SR. I noticed that the previous post in that thread was almost a year old, hence me creating new topics. 

I don't want to spam or clutter this forum, so I'm happy to do whatever the mods here prefer.

OK, my MO/SR question- for mods where we are excluding certain files, is it okay to do the full install and then remove the necessary files via the Information>Filetree tab. 

For example, for the Unofficial Skyrim Patch, I installed it and then removed Docs and Unofficial Skyrim Patch.bsl from the Filetree tab. Thanks.

Unofficial Skyrim Patch

Author: Unofficial Patch Project Team
Version: 2.1.0
Special Installation: Do not install the following file(s) and/or folder(s):

• Docs folder
  • Unofficial Skyrim Patch.bsl

4 answers to this question

OK thanks, I will use that method.

By the way, THANK YOU VERY MUCH for your guide. There may be spots that I find unclear, but 95% of it (or more) is extremely well presented, and you've truly made a herculean task obtainable to the rest of us. I can't thank you enough for that.

Edited by peppergomez

Thanks. It's because I am not prompted by MO to choose the files to install when I double click and install. PErhaps I should be choosing the Manual Install option when installing mods where I must remove certain files?

Edited by peppergomez

Thanks. It's because I am not prompted by MO to choose the files to install when I double click and install. PErhaps I should be choosing the Manual Install option when installing mods where I must remove certain files?

I always use the manual install option unless its an installer and select the data directory (if needed) myself to avoid any issues.

• +1 1